Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

MBNA amtrak rewards 100K/year limit ?

Old May 30, 2005, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: , AA Plat 2MM, FB Gold, Hilton Gold

This year MBNA stopped awarding me points last month and their customer service agent couldn't figure out why (she called me back the next day and said she was still researching it but hadn't figured it out yet : this was last Tuesday and I haven't heard from her since).

I noticed that I reached $100K in spending for my membership year last month and perhaps they cap earnings at 100K points. But I cannot find anything in the terms and conditions mentioning an earnings cap. Has anyone heard of such an earnings limit ?

In my last monthly statement I spent over $20K but received only 1144 points : however the total points I received so far this year is now exactly 100,000 points. I doubt that is a coincidence.

Last edited by ananthar; May 30, 2005 at 10:52 am Reason: Updated exact point tally
Old May 30, 2005, 10:54 am

Yes, you hit the 100,000 point maximum and will not be able to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points from your account usage until the cycle restarts. The annual cycle is based on the date your Amtrak credit account was opened with MBNA. The following is from section 1 under the terms and conditions listed on the online MBNA Amtrak Guest Rewards application:

"There is a Yearly Limit to the number of Points earned through use of the Card: Platinum Plus Cardholders earn up to 100,000, and Preferred Cardholders earn up to 50,000 Points. The terms of the Program are subject to change."
Old May 30, 2005, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: , AA Plat 2MM, FB Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks that explains it. Too bad the MBNA never lists the number of points earned on their statement like other reputable credit card companies.

Last edited by ananthar; May 30, 2005 at 12:45 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.