Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LSL Service disruptions BBY to ALB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

LSL Service disruptions BBY to ALB

Hi all, complete Amtrak newbie here. I've got a roomette booked 7/23, BBY - CHI. saw this: https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conte...=1251653297750

Doesn't state dates that BBY won't be served at all. I've no issue getting myself to another station to board, but will I be allowed? Also, status of roomettes and what to ask for if sleeper car isn't available. Can't find anything about that. I swear when I booked, I read that boxed lunch is provided to sleeper car passengers. Didn't pay attention to lounge info since wasn't available at BBY. WILL I have lounge access at south station?

Lots of questions, i know. I want to be prepared if things don't go as planned. Also, lots of dates, the 449 is canceled. If trackwork gets delayed and my travel date gets canceled, what happens? Bus? Then what do I ask for?

Basically, I'm asking for help for it my contingency plans.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by tripbuddy
Hi all, complete Amtrak newbie here. I've got a roomette booked 7/23, BBY - CHI. saw this: https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conte...=1251653297750

Doesn't state dates that BBY won't be served at all. I've no issue getting myself to another station to board, but will I be allowed? Also, status of roomettes and what to ask for if sleeper car isn't available. Can't find anything about that. I swear when I booked, I read that boxed lunch is provided to sleeper car passengers. Didn't pay attention to lounge info since wasn't available at BBY. WILL I have lounge access at south station?

Lots of questions, i know. I want to be prepared if things don't go as planned. Also, lots of dates, the 449 is canceled. If trackwork gets delayed and my travel date gets canceled, what happens? Bus? Then what do I ask for?

Basically, I'm asking for help for it my contingency plans.
The date of your travel, 7/27, is not one of the dates that the train is cancelled per the advisory, so there should be no impact. The advisory does state that BBY won't be served, so you'd have to make your to BOS.

If the dates of the train cancellation should change and your travel is affected, Amtrak will attempt to contact you by the email address and phone number you have on file with them. They typically would offer the option of canceling at no penalty, rebooking on another date, or continue with your travel plans with the alternative transportation, i.e. bus.

If you chose to continue with your plans, what would happen is you would be picked at BOX at train time and BUSED to Albany, NY where you would board the train. Hopefully the Boston sleepers would be in the consist, so you would have a roomette from Albany on. Amtrak would know this when they notify you, and will tell you whether or not you'd still have a roomette from Albany.

Typically if you were to be "bustituted" in this way, you would not be treated any differently from the coach passengers in terms of meals or services. You would be entitled to a partial refund of your sleeper fare, which should be offered when Amtrak contacts you.

Assuming you did retain your roomette at Albany, you would be entitled to use the Acela Lounge at South Station because you have a valid sleeper ticket for travel that day. Doesn't matter whether or not you are taking a sleeper from that station itself.

Last edited by zephyr17; Jun 28, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.