Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Xfer Amtrak to Choice requires $20k spend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xfer Amtrak to Choice requires $20k spend?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:27 pm
was jgoggan
Original Poster

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Question Xfer Amtrak to Choice requires $20k spend?

Hi there! Completely new to Amtrak stuff. Basically, I am currently trying to earn some extra Choice points for a Bahamas hotel stay later this year. I was hoping to do the Amtrak credit card and then transfer those points over to Choice since they go 1:3.

Is it accurate that to be able to do that, I'd have to have spent $20,000 in the last year on the Amtrak Mastercard? (It looks like it was $200 with the old Chase card but is now 100X that??)

(I do not have Amtrak status, of course, so that would be the only way for me to do the xfer.)

If that is accurate, it looks like that idea is out for me. Just wanted to double-check that I wasn't missing something.

Thanks!

- John...
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by jgoggan
Hi there! Completely new to Amtrak stuff. Basically, I am currently trying to earn some extra Choice points for a Bahamas hotel stay later this year. I was hoping to do the Amtrak credit card and then transfer those points over to Choice since they go 1:3.

Is it accurate that to be able to do that, I'd have to have spent $20,000 in the last year on the Amtrak Mastercard? (It looks like it was $200 with the old Chase card but is now 100X that??)

(I do not have Amtrak status, of course, so that would be the only way for me to do the xfer.)

If that is accurate, it looks like that idea is out for me. Just wanted to double-check that I wasn't missing something.

Thanks!

- John...
It used to be a $200 credit card spend on Amtrak travel would unlock the outbound transfer option. Now it's a $20,000 total spend on all charges, not just Amtrak spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.