Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Advice - Washington - NYC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
The weight question probably depends on how much shopping the OH will have got done by then

No they'll be regular size cases that you'd check when flying and shouldn't weigh more than the instructed 23kg. I was just confused by the terminology and the reference to these as 'carry-on' bags which I automatically associate with hand luggage, and another to a "no checked bags policy" on this service.

I'm assuming the no checked bags actually referred to the inability to check bags through to your final destination in a dedicated luggage hold area on this service as you would with an airline.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Many thanks for all the useful advice and help on here pre-trip. Made use of the redcaps at WAS. Probably wouldn't have made our train otherwise, as there was gridlocked traffic to get into the station and we ended up arriving later than we would have liked. The helpful redcap sped us straight through to the right train and helped us on with our not insignificant luggage haul!

First Amtrak journey was also an eye-opener
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:20 pm

luggage in BC?

I've been in the regular cars and put my luggage at the front/back of the car in the luggage hold. I think you identify cars with them if it has the handicapped symbol outside. Then i take a seat nearby to keep an eye.

If I go in business class, do they have the same area, or will I be dragging my luggage to the regular car and then walking back to BC to sit?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by airfly56
I've been in the regular cars and put my luggage at the front/back of the car in the luggage hold. I think you identify cars with them if it has the handicapped symbol outside. Then i take a seat nearby to keep an eye.
Don't all cars have luggage racks at each end?
If I go in business class, do they have the same area, or will I be dragging my luggage to the regular car and then walking back to BC to sit?
Biz Class also has the luggage racks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.