Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Acela Day Pass Now Available

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Club Acela Day Pass Now Available

Passing through Boston South Station yesterday, the automated announcement system played a message that a "Club Acela Day Pass" is available to Acela passengers traveling business class for $20. I can see that working at BOS, given how lightly used the Club is (except for employees, Amtrak Police and Amtrak Police Dogs ). I can't see it working at NYP, given how crowded it is. Has anyone heard of this at PHL or WAS?

And I wonder if it's truly a "Day Pass," meaning it can be used at the destination as well as origin, or if it's just for use upon departure?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: BA GfL
I can't imagine blowing $20 on a day pass for use in the NYP lounge, a dungeon-like, noisy, generally crowded space, with bathrooms that a junior high school would have renovated a decade ago, and where the only refreshments available are cups of fountain soda and tiny packets of pretzels and chips (and you'll only get those if you leap up and grab them immediately after they get re-stocked!)
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: AGR
BOS and PHL have had the $20 pass for two years. It was only advertised in the station, at first. It is only good at the originating Acela club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.