Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electronic Tranportation Certificate

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Electronic Tranportation Certificate

Amtrak gave me an "Electronic Transportation Certificate" last year because of some major delays on the Empire Builder. The told me that I can redeem it by making a reservation via the phone, and then transferring to the customer relations department to pay the fare. They also said that it can only be used towards the fares of those named on the certificate (which I assume is me - though I was travelling with two of my children at the time of the delay).

I don't have any travel planned (there is no local amtrak here, so I only do long distance trains), and the certificate is set to expire this summer. Any tips on how best to use the certificate, or how to extend the expiration date?
Old May 30, 2016, 10:39 pm

Programs: AGR Select/Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum
Originally Posted by MelloChatt
Amtrak gave me an "Electronic Transportation Certificate" last year because of some major delays on the Empire Builder. The told me that I can redeem it by making a reservation via the phone, and then transferring to the customer relations department to pay the fare. They also said that it can only be used towards the fares of those named on the certificate (which I assume is me - though I was travelling with two of my children at the time of the delay).

I don't have any travel planned (there is no local amtrak here, so I only do long distance trains), and the certificate is set to expire this summer. Any tips on how best to use the certificate, or how to extend the expiration date?
You can make a Reservation which will Reset the Date of Expiration, then Cancel the Reservation if you can't make the trip, this will give you additional time to make a LD Trip. Call CR to do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.