Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

How helpful is the APP while onboard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

How helpful is the Amtrak app while I'm on the train? What does it tell me? Will it tell me where I am, or should I just you Waze for that information?

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you ever used the app? It can give you an idea of whether you're on time or not, but other than that there's not much that's of use while you're on the train, since it's primarily for ticketing.

Does Waze do something your map/GPS does not? I thought it was mostly for driving.
Old May 28, 2016, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by dhammer53
How helpful is the Amtrak app while I'm on the train? What does it tell me? Will it tell me where I am, or should I just you Waze for that information?

Thanks.
Not to my knowledge. I think when you log to the wifi, the browser will open with location, time, weather, IIRC.

Honestly, I don't remember all the options as I just blow past that screen.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
If you log onto the Internet using Amtrak's on-board WiFi (i.e., not the app) when you're on board, a screen will appear, showing you where you are, if you're on time and what the next stations are. At least that's the case in the Northeast.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Thanks. One less App on my phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.