Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Impecable diction at 30th Street Station

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Silver

Does anyone know who the female track announcer is at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia? She has some of the best diction I (and others) have heard! Next time I am there, I'll be sure to ask around. I just wanted to recognize her for her talent. It's rare these days to come across this, which might be why this stands out to me so much.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I don't travel to/from PHL, but I love the voice of the female announcer at NYP.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vatraveler
I don't travel to/from PHL, but I love the voice of the female announcer at NYP.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...y-morning.html
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
The track announcer who used to work at NY Penn Station but has now retired had an even more mellifluous voice: Margaret McGowan. She was 60 in 1998 but she was still working there in 2004 and maybe even 2006. Not sure when she retired.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/08/ny...n-station.html
. . . And There's That Lilt at Penn Station
By ANDREA KANNAPELL
Published: November 8, 1998
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:04 pm

Shh! We should have kept this gem quiet!! If the politicians get a whiff of this, they will rail (pun intended) that it is a wasteful position and eliminate it, and replace it with robot/machine voice.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by radiowell
Shh! We should have kept this gem quiet!! If the politicians get a whiff of this, they will rail (pun intended) that it is a wasteful position and eliminate it, and replace it with robot/machine voice.
That's exactly what happened at Boston South Station. Bob Brigham, now 78 years young, checks our tickets for Amtrak trains on the platform as we board, instead of announcing trains for Amtrak and the MBTA Commuter Rail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.