how to book a rewards ticket

Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
how to book a rewards ticket

Okay, this is going to seem like a silly question. How do I book a rewards ticket? I haven't done this in a couple years, and it looks like the webpage has changed.

I went to the AGR website for point redemption (https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/redeem), and it just points me to the standard amtrak.com booking page, which is the page for cash purchases. I went through it a few times to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but there's no options or buttons for point redemption, it just keeps making me do cash purchases. What obvious page/button am I missing?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Start a standard purchase, and when you get to the search results, there will be buttons at the top to toggle between dollars and points.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:38 pm

Be sure your AGR account and Amtrak.com account are linked, and you are logged in to both. Then, as mentioned above, just search as normal, and at the top of the results, there is a radio button to select money, or points.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Hah okay, I knew it must have been one of those "duh" moments. Missed the button up top (admittedly after a few drinks in). Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChickenWing
Be sure your AGR account and Amtrak.com account are linked, and you are logged in to both.
That hasn't been necessary for some time. As it now says on the Amtrak website,
Amtrak.com and Amtrak Guest Rewards Accounts Have Merged

You can now enjoy the ease and convenience of a single Amtrak account. All of your information is available with a single log-in eliminating the need for you to keep two profiles.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 11:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I imagine a login is necessary to book the ticket, but I see the buttons for cash and points even regardless of my login status.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
I imagine a login is necessary to book the ticket, but I see the buttons for cash and points even regardless of my login status.
Ditto here. No secret trick to see the buttons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.