Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Still not receive new AGR card by March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still not receive new AGR card by March

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SPG, Amtrak
Still not receive new AGR card by June

I did not receive my new AGR card to pick when the old one expired on Feb 29. I called Amtrak select plus and spoke to the most ornery customer service rep ever. She told me a variety of stories, changing slightly every time. First she said I should have received it already. Then she said it was sent out "at the end of the month." I asked her to state exactly what that meant and it was like pulling teeth to get her to give any information. She then said it was sent out on Feb 29. She then said that I should receive it in 3-6 weeks. I asked her what exactly happened on Feb 29 then starts a 3-6 week process and she refused to explain what she meant. Was it in the mail or will it be another month or more. She wouldn't explain. Said that she said all she could tell. She was the worst rep I've ever dealt with at Amtrak. Unhelpful, deceitful, major attitude.

A supervisor who had a much better attitude eventually told me that there were problems with the cards and they were sorry that they were late. and there were various work arounds to use Amtrak lounges etc., she even volunteered to call United and tell them something that would help use the United lounge but I didn't have such hope for that.

I also sent an email to AGR customer service and of course haven't heard anything from them except an auto reply stating response in 48 hours.

Has anyone else not received their 2016 card? Did a different rep say anything helpful?

edit to change to June

Last edited by mre2b9; Jun 14, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: AGR Select Exec, MR Plat, B6 Mosaic, UA Silver
I recieved my card about three weeks ago. Upgrade certs and companion coupons posted 3/1 online. For reference, I was Select Plus last year and qualified for Select Executive for the first time this year.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:04 am
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
I got mine about a month ago.

I had the same problem as you last year. They just never sent my renewal select exec card. I had to call about a dozen times, where I was assured it was any day; finally in MAY they agreed to send me a replacement card, which they did (with my name spelled wrong).

Unless something has changed, they basically have no mechanism to fix this, and the phone agents aren't empowered to help. Good luck.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, SPG, Amtrak
Still no card in June.

Multiple calls to AGR and they say they will send another one and -- get this -- it will take 3- 6 weeks. But that time goes by and still no card.

Yes confirmed the same address that has worked for years.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: Amtrak, Southwest, Choice Hotels, AAdvantage, Alaska
Originally Posted by mre2b9
Still no card in June.

Multiple calls to AGR and they say they will send another one and -- get this -- it will take 3- 6 weeks. But that time goes by and still no card.

Yes confirmed the same address that has worked for years.
Yep, same issue I had a number of years back. Is there anything even remotely unusual about your address? If so, the Amtrak address verification vendor's algorithm will sometimes toss it out> here's the problem - not everybody's address is in the classic three line format - Amtrak's vendor just wants it to be!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.