Force Lifting and AGR Points

Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
Force Lifting and AGR Points

When a ticket is force lifted, do you get the AGR points?

Side question...in order to get a force lifted flexible ticket refunded, has anyone had to send documentation proving they weren't on the train. For example...I was 2400 miles away one time and have the hotel bill to prove it.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
You get the AGR points but you can get a voucher for the ticket amount. I had this happen once (I made a last-minute switch between two trains scheduled to leave WAS within 10 min. of one another on a proverbial "bad feeling" about the Regional getting held up south of WAS...it panned out and I had a relaxed dinner on my way into Richmond). I got a voucher for the Regional in spite of the force-lift.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.