Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20 dollar day passes @ ClubAcela

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
20 dollar day passes @ ClubAcela

Is this new? Or has amtrak done this in the past?

At South Station, there's a sign up advertising that Day Passes to ClubAcela are now available for purchase for $20

Is this happening at other clubs? I didn't see a sign up at NYP nor do I hope they ever do as it's always crowded.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Is this new? Or has amtrak done this in the past?

At South Station, there's a sign up advertising that Day Passes to ClubAcela are now available for purchase for $20

Is this happening at other clubs? I didn't see a sign up at NYP nor do I hope they ever do as it's always crowded.
I don't see how the Club Acela is worth $20... If they start giving out free beer then I'll gladly pay the $20!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:54 am

Chicago will have something similar soon. A pay for lounge right off Grand Hall. With Metropolitan Lounge for now in it's current location and still in operation.

"Amtrak's first step in its bid to generate new revenue is the debut of the Legacy Club, a room patterned after airline frequent-flier lounges. The Legacy Club is open for business, located in a room formerly called the Union Gallery, just off the southwest corner of the Great Hall. For a $10 daily fee, passengers can relax in comfortable new furniture, enjoy complimentary nonalcoholic drinks and access Wi-Fi. Amtrak coach passengers also receive priority boarding. A Legacy Club membership plan, designed for frequent users, is being developed, Amtrak spokesman Marc Magliari said."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...mn.html#page=1
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
You learn something new here every day! Amtrak's site barely mentions this Legacy Club, except for this advisory, and the only story going into any real detail about it is this Sun-Times piece from last month.

That Amtrak advisory makes it sound like this will remain separate from Club Acela, since it says S+ and higher don't get access for free (and presumably neither do United Club members). Would appreciate some clarification on this, AGR Insider.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
I was at Chicago Union Station on Friday and there is a desk promoting the Legacy Club. I took a look in the club (from the outside), and it looks much nicer than the Amtrak Metropolitan Club - larger and much less crowded. I understand a cash bar is planned.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
$20 for CA seems way over the top, but cheap enough to cause over-crowding. Maybe Amtrak will use some of the money to fumigate and steam clean the places once in a while.

It's basically $20 to pre-board.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
I was at Chicago Union Station on Friday and there is a desk promoting the Legacy Club. I took a look in the club (from the outside), and it looks much nicer than the Amtrak Metropolitan Club - larger and much less crowded. I understand a cash bar is planned.
Would be nice if they had cocktails in Club Acela!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:30 am

NovaEngr that room during holidays is were Business Class passengers get to wait in years past. I've only been in their once for Chicago Union Station Master Plan Public Meeting on December 15 2011.

There is a continued plan for Metropolitan Club to move to a new location closer to Grand Hall at some point.

For those who are interested in learning more about that.

Jeff Sriver Chicago Department of Transportation detailing Chicago Union Station refurbishment future upgrades video

https://iggyz.com/?p=31081

Disclaimer that is my site.

Not sure Legacy Club location is larger than Metropolitan. But it's been almost 4 years since I've been inside Legacy room.

I'd venture a guess that I'm not the only one irritated that Select + & Executive aren't not given free access to Legacy Club.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:42 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
The AGR program was not involved in the Legacy Club project and free access to that space is not currently a member benefit.

Anthony
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by AGR Insider
The AGR program was not involved in the Legacy Club project and free access to that space is not currently a member benefit.

Anthony
Just to clarify: Is the Legacy Club owned and operated by Amtrak? Or is it Chicago Union Station?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:53 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Originally Posted by physioprof
Just to clarify: Is the Legacy Club owned and operated by Amtrak? Or is it Chicago Union Station?
I am not sure how to answer your question. Chicago Union Station is owned by the Chicago Union Station Company, which has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amtrak since 1984.

http://www.chicagounionstation.com/cusfacts.html

Anthony

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.