Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Virginia Regional train to Acela 1st class using 1 point redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 8:38 am
Original Poster

I want to travel to/from Norfolk (VA Beach) and connect to the Acela to Stamford to save time. is there any way to have it as just 12,000 points or does it have to be a separate redemption for the regional?
Old May 26, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
AGR requires all Acela award travel to be a separate redemption. Assuming you are looking at an Acela First award at 12,000 points, your trip from Norfolk to Washington would require an additional 4000 points for coach, or 6500 points for Business Class. Since the fare from Norfolk to Washington is not that expensive ($56), you might want to consider paying for that segment instead of spending 4000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.