Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

United Club Access Using AGR Select Plus Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive

Used AGR Select Plus card to access United Club at IAD this morning. Desk agent asked for my boarding pass, and I said, "Oh, I don't need a boarding pass to enter as Select Plus". She said, "Yes, you do. New rule as of yesterday." And she vaguely waved some SOP sheet in my direction. I scanned my boarding pass, since I didn't feel like arguing.

But my understanding of the Select Plus benefit is that it essentially gives United Club membership, and so no boarding pass is required to enter.

Anyone know anything about this?
Old May 21, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Forget it, Jake. It's IAD.

(But seriously, I hope it was just the usual weirdness that's par for IAD UC staff.)
Old May 21, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I've been asked for a BP at IAD as well.

I asked if it was mandatory and was told it's for identification. Said a driver's license is a-okay as well.

The big benefit (for me) is not being required to fly UA in order to gain access to UC. I hope this isn't changing, but I will also chalk this up to the IAD weirdness i've experienced before
Old May 21, 2015, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You will generally be required to produce a BP or valid ID if you are entering based on anything other than UC membership or class of service. E.g., if you are *G on another carrier.

For OP, a DL would do as well as your BP.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Ah, that makes sense. Next time I'll try my DL. Although this is all pretty moot in my case, since I am never in airports if I'm not flying somewhere.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by physioprof
Ah, that makes sense. Next time I'll try my DL. Although this is all pretty moot in my case, since I am never in airports if I'm not flying somewhere.
I didn't realize you had presented just your card. Yes, card+ID should be good. There are many airports where UC is handy even if you're flying on OALs.

On another note, groundside UCs are becoming rarer than unicorns. I sure miss the old SFO PC, as dark and nondescript as it was.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

I've used the landside club at LGA when flying AA. No issues.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:03 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
All last year as S+ they'd ask for a BP or ID. I usually gave my DL and that was always taken without hesitation. Good thing too as I was rarely on UA that day and who needs that embarrassment?
Old May 29, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I've also found accessing the United Club to be helpful when arriving into an airport after a redeye - to use a less trafficked bathroom and hydrate back up.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Two weeks ago at ORD, I was surprised that with my SELECT Plus, I can bring "SIX" people in with me to United Club. This was straight from the agent up front and let my whole family in. Is is some new recent rule change that hasn't hit the literature yet?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Starting today (8/18), United Club access for all (UC members, AGR S+ and SE, and all others) requires a same-day United boarding pass.

Correction: a "same-day boarding pass" is required, not necessarily a United boarding pass.

And yet a second correction: the effective date is 8/18/2016, not today. I really have to read the email more closely next time.

Link

Last edited by NovaEngr; Aug 18, 2015 at 4:53 pm
Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not true as to those with access through *G on other carriers. Their access is as per *A rules and might include non same-day access.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA MP Plat 1MM, 2V S+, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
But someone gaining access to United Club using Amtrak S+ or SE is not going to have their entry governed by *A rules, since Amtrak is not a member of *A, right?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Full United Club Member Privileges, Correct?

So it seems that my SE (or SP) card is good for me +1 entry to the Heathrow T2 United Club when departing via non-alliance carrier Icelandic, right?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Any experiences in Asia? I plan to try to use my S+ card to access the HKG United Club later this year but have low hopes of getting in without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.