Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase AGR Mastercard?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
To be certain I didn't "miss the train" I did move some UR points over the the AGR account last night. I'll be really sorry if this Chase UR and Amtrak AGR connection goes away.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by beltway
That was from the Chase end, but given AGR's unenviable history of sudden, unannounced program changes, I could see Amtrak pulling the plug with no warning.
Yeah, that would be a major bummer if they pull Chase Ultimate Reward transfers. I have the Amtrak MC, but just picked up the CSP for the 2x dining/travel points.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
To be certain I didn't "miss the train" I did move some UR points over the the AGR account last night. I'll be really sorry if this Chase UR and Amtrak AGR connection goes away.
Agree. Even worse if it just disappears overnight. I'd much rather keep my points in UR, but I'm going to transfer some point to hedge the loss of the connection. However it is very annoying and horrible CS that these sort of transitions aren't announced with a timeline.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today I got an email titled: "sdsearch, your March eStatement is here" from Amtrak Guest Rewards. In there, it had a picture of the Chase AGR card, saying "Earn the rewards you want, faster than ever" with a Learn More button. When I clicked the Learn More button, it took me a still-live Chase page about the AGR card:

https://www.chase.com/credit-cards/amtrak-new/home

though of course it doesn't have any Apply button (I presume it had it at one point in the past?).

Now, I'm a Chase AGR cardholder, but I doubt they put that into the AGR eStatement email because of that. So it sounds like the people who created the AGR eStatement don't yet know that the card is a zombie.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:25 pm

Man this sucks. I have 260,000 Amtrak guest reward points. I am very well stocked. This is all thanks to the Chase Credit cards Freedom & Sapphire Preferred
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:23 am
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Now, I'm a Chase AGR cardholder, but I doubt they put that into the AGR eStatement email because of that. So it sounds like the people who created the AGR eStatement don't yet know that the card is a zombie.
We are smarter than you think. We have a "current cardholder" version of the eStatement which features that message (sans Apply button), unlike the non-cardholder version for March which is missing that link/message.

Anthony
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:20 am

Hopefully they are just reintroducing / segmenting the card ala United MilagePlus Explorer etc. and sticking with Chase. And if they aren't, hopefully 1) UR->Amtrak transfers are preserved and the Chase relationship isn't severed entirely, 2) if ties with Chase are cut entirely a fair notice period is given on UR transfers, and 3) Amtrak doesn't pick a new joke bank (e.g. Virgin + Commity) just to get a slightly better margin at the expense of customer service.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by cdoggLBC
Hopefully they are just reintroducing / segmenting the card ala United MilagePlus Explorer etc. and sticking with Chase.
One blogger theorizes that what's coming is a move away from MasterCard toward Visa. The other possibility is that Amtrak will stay with MasterCard & move over to Citi.

Last edited by beltway; Mar 14, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:04 pm

I just realized that Chase did in fact move everything over to Visa... Hopefully the Amtrak Guest Rewards will follow maybe with chase? I hope for a better 2x point program which is becoming the standard.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by OZ Man
I just realized that Chase did in fact move everything over to Visa... Hopefully the Amtrak Guest Rewards will follow maybe with chase? I hope for a better 2x point program which is becoming the standard.
Not quite everything. My IHG Rewards converted from Visa to MasterCard last year. While some INK cards are being or have been converted to Visa, so far my and my wife's INKs are still going along as MCs at the moment anyway. Don't know about others.

It's still possible that Chase is one of the banks with whom AGR is negotiating for a card contract even as the prior Chase contract presumably ended. (Assuming AGR still wants to have an affinity card, of course.) time will tell....
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by AGR Insider
We are smarter than you think. We have a "current cardholder" version of the eStatement which features that message (sans Apply button), unlike the non-cardholder version for March which is missing that link/message.

Anthony
Anthony,

Since you clearly know what is going on, can you provide us with any information on to the future of this card? Are UR transfers still available? Can we expect the relationship with Chase to continue?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:52 am
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Anthony,

Since you clearly know what is going on, can you provide us with any information on to the future of this card? Are UR transfers still available? Can we expect the relationship with Chase to continue?
You can find our latest statement here. FT will be among the first to know when additional details are available.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cdoggLBC
Yeah, that would be a major bummer if they pull Chase Ultimate Reward transfers. I have the Amtrak MC, but just picked up the CSP for the 2x dining/travel points.
Club Rewards transfers at 1:1 from Diners Club to Amtrak.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Also SPG transfers at 1:1, though without the 5K Bonus per 20K that comes with transfers to airline programs.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Also SPG transfers at 1:1, though without the 5K Bonus per 20K that comes with transfers to airline programs.
Good to know if I want to use DC for transfer to a different partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.