Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Overnight in DC or NYC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Reward Overnight in DC or NYC

Has anyone had any luck getting an Overnight (on the passenger's dime) in DC/NY on an AGR Reward when connecting to/from Boston and the Cardinal (or Palmetto/Carolinian)? Seems AGR requires taking the overnight Train 66/67 to Boston. We wouldn't mind the overnight train if we could get a sleeper, but that is obviously not possible. It seems that overnighting in DC or NYC and continuing on a day train would make sense and not cost Amtrak anything more... We are coming from West Virginia, so there isn't an alternate routing other than through Chicago.

I PM'ed AGR Insider for help...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: AGR
I have overnighted in Newark, NJ, connecting from the Cardinal to a next morning Regional to Boston.
I have overnighted in NY City, connecting from LSL 48 to a next morning Regional to RTE.
I have overnighted in CHI, connecting from the SWC to the next day Empire Builder.
However, these overnights, on my dime, were before the current AGR Insider came on the scene and the rules were different. What makes common sense to us doesn't apparently apply at AGR.
Good luck !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.