Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

NYP-BOS 20Feb: Good day for a Dogfish Head 90

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD

Not sure what's going on today, if anything, other than the extreme cold. Originally was booked on the 1203p Acela. That and the next Acela both were cancelled as of yesterday afternoon. Fortunately I got notice from Amtrak early enough to rebook on the 1003a Acela. Inbound train arrived at NWK only 10 minutes late, but was 50 minutes late arriving at NYP, apparently due to only one tunnel being operational between NWK and NYP. We lost more time in Queens, apparently due to some single-track operation on the New Haven line. We're now over an hour late, which I guess is not so terrible under the circumstances.

I told the attendant in the cafe car that I'd stop taking the train if they discontinued the Dogfish Head; she told me not to worry, it's very popular!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Since Tuesday's snowfall in WAS this has been an every day thing where most trains are cancelled. I think they are having equipment problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.