Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection from 28 to 48

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Connection from 28 to 48

We are traveling from San Luis Obispo to South Bend in June via 14,28 and 48. AGR won't let us connect in Chicago to 48,even though there is a five hour layover. Agent explained they don't trust the Eastbound connection,so we ended up using our two zone roomette award to Chicago and buying two coach tickets to South Bend. Out of curiosity, I noticed from Salem or Eugene,OR the 28 to 48 connection is allowed. Why the discrepancy?

On the first part of our journey we are using the Texas Eagle to get to LA. For some reason, AGR won't let us book 11 to get to San Luis Obispo. They have us booked on a Surfliner to Santa Barbara and then a Thruway bus to SLO. We would much rather use 11 to enjoy the ocean views from Santa Barbara to San Luis. If you take The SW Chief, the 11 connection is allowed,but not using The Texas Eagle.

We want to maximize our train time taking 421 out and 28 back. Why won't AGR let us make these obvious and convenient connections?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I am almost certain the Empire Builder to Lake Shore connection should be valid. Private Message AGR Insider and ask him to help, or call AGR and try to get another agent to add the short hop to South Bend (and then refund the ticket you bought).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.