Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Starwood still award points to AGR?

Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR, HH

I just tried to sign up for the Starwood to AGR transfer. The Starwood agent with whom I spoke said she couldn't find Amtrak in the list of Airlines to which points could be transferred. Has Starwood discontinued this on their end, or is there a trick to setting it up?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
SPG still shows AGR as a transfer option, although it's under Rail Miles, not airlines.

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...em/travel.html

Apparently transfers to AGR must be initiated by phone.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AGR, HH
Thanks for that link. That's for point transfers. However the AGR website also makes it seem that points can be awarded directly to AGR at the time of stay (instead of into SPG). Per the SPG website it's called 'Airline Direct Deposit'. And Amtrak is listed as one of the point partners. But I can't edit my profile online for some reason, it says to speak to an agent. And the agents can't figure out how to assign Amtrak to my account.

Last edited by frankp01; Nov 6, 2014 at 2:52 pm
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:37 am
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
This may be a website glitch of some kind. We are reaching out to our contacts at Starwood for an answer. I'll update you here when we learn more.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:07 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
The Starwood link is working now (it was out for all partners, not just Amtrak), and you should be able to input your AGR number to earn AGR points as part of the Airline Direct Deposit program.

https://www.spgpromos.com/moremiles/...MoreMiles_enUS

Anthony
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
My latest SPG Starwood transfer into AGR took less than 48 hours. Such a transfer may be useful for people looking to top up accounts and burn AGR points en masse before the new redemption levels kick in.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
I signed up for the SPG to AGR direct deposit a couple of weeks ago after reactivating my SPG card (SPG card occasionally goes dormant when I don't use it for a while). Makes more sense for me than earning SPG points since I only occasionally stay at a Sheraton. Next stay at a Sheraton will be the end of this month for a business trip at the Walt Disney World Swan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.