Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amtrak Lounge Access with United Club Card

Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum

I am sorry if this has been covered in depth before but I am getting conflicting information from Amtrak.

Per a number of posts, I understand that United Club Card holders are permitted to Club Acela lounges but not Metropolitan lounges. However, on Amtrak's web site, it states...

"United Club Members with a valid United Club Card may bring in two guests or their spouses and children under the age of 21. Additionally, United Global First or United BusinessFirst passengers with a flight coupon or boarding pass with a segment in United Global First or United BusinessFirst." ... for access to all lounges. (http://www.amtrak.com/station-lounges)

I have been both accepted and rebuffed at Los Angeles Union Station Metropolitan club before my weekly "commutes" to San Diego. Does anyone know what the "real rule" or agreement with UA is?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would appear that you're eligible based on the website notes. It doesn't say limited to Club Acela only.

That said, UA doesn't have those lounges listed, but it has other Acela lounges listed:

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ations/bf.aspx
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:10 am
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Our contract with United provides access only to the four ClubAcela branded lounges in the Northeast Corridor. The Metropolitan Lounges or other locations are not included. I regret that the page on Amtrak.com is ambiguous and I will work with the team responsible for that content to have it updated ASAP.

Thank you,

Anthony Rizos
Director, AGR
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by AGR Insider
Our contract with United provides access only to the four ClubAcela branded lounges in the Northeast Corridor. The Metropolitan Lounges or other locations are not included. I regret that the page on Amtrak.com is ambiguous and I will work with the team responsible for that content to have it updated ASAP.

Thank you,

Anthony Rizos
Director, AGR
Thank you for the clarification...I suspected this was the case!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
If I have Select Plus, I understand that I will have access to the United Club. Am I allowed to bring guests into the United Club?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:34 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Originally Posted by thenecropolist
If I have Select Plus, I understand that I will have access to the United Club. Am I allowed to bring guests into the United Club?

Yes, you may bring one guest.

Anthony
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive
Suppose I have a boarding pass for a flight on any carrier other than UA, but the gate that flight is assigned to is close enough to the UA lounge that the trek over wouldn't be a problem.

Can I still get into the UA lounge via Select Executive?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by RailCommuter
Can I still get into the UA lounge via Select Executive?
I have. I've never been asked for a boarding pass.

ETA: I have been asked for either a boarding pass or a form of identification to go along with my card. I've used my DL and that has worked.

Last edited by bitburgr; Aug 25, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by bitburgr
I have. I've never been asked for a boarding pass.
Same here when my wife and I were waiting for an AS departure at LAX terminal 6 in May; the UC attendant scanned my card and welcomed us in without asking for a boarding pass. And then our flight was delayed by an hour, so we were glad to wait that out in more comfortable confines.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: UA, AA
Yes, you may bring one guest.

Anthony
is there an "or spouse and minor children" clause too with respect to using the Select Plus admission to United Clubs?
Old Aug 25, 2019, 10:54 am

Our contract with United provides access only to the four ClubAcela branded lounges in the Northeast Corridor. The Metropolitan Lounges or other locations are not included.
Has the rule changed? It is now 2019 and the Amtrak website says:
United Club Members with a valid United Club Card are entitled to access ClubAcela and Metropolitan Lounge locations, and may bring in two guests or their spouses and children under the age of 21

https://www.amtrak.com/station-lounges
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by wcj1
Has the rule changed? It is now 2019 and the Amtrak website says:
United Club Members with a valid United Club Card are entitled to access ClubAcela and Metropolitan Lounge locations, and may bring in two guests or their spouses and children under the age of 21

https://www.amtrak.com/station-lounges
Yes. A few months ago, the BOS Club Acela was rebranded as a Metropolitan Lounge, and the United Club Card is valid for entry there.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Another (unwelcome) change is that you now need a same-day United boarding pass to use a United Club as Amtrak S+ or SE. I appreciated the old rule that let me use the lounge even if flying another carrier.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Another (unwelcome) change is that you now need a same-day United boarding pass to use a United Club as Amtrak S+ or SE. I appreciated the old rule that let me use the lounge even if flying another carrier.
The requirement to have a same-day United or partner boarding pass starts November 1 - same as United Club members. Until then, a same-day boarding pass is required, but any carrier will work.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Under the new rules, can a Select Plus AGR member with a same-day boarding pass on a United Express flight bring a traveling companion (on the same PNR, if that matters) into a United lounge?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.