"Go Free" promotion starts Monday

Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:42 pm
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Cool "Go Free" promotion starts Monday

Hi everyone -- we're excited to announce the Amtrak Guest Rewards "Go Free" promotion on our Acela, Northeast Regional, Cascades, and Hiawatha services this winter.

* Take three qualifying roundtrips on Acela from January 6 through March 1, 2014, and you'll get one free roundtrip for travel July 1 through August 31, 2014.

* Take two qualifying roundtrips on Northeast Regional from January 6 through March 1, 2014, and you'll get one free roundtrip for travel July 1 through August 31, 2014.

* Take two qualifying roundtrips on Cascades from January 6 through March 1, 2014, and you'll get one free roundtrip for travel March 2 through April 30, 2014.

* Take two qualifying roundtrips on Hiawatha from January 6 through March 1, 2014, and you'll get one free roundtrip for travel March 2 through May 31, 2014.

Starting on Monday, visit AmtrakGuestRewards.com to register. Registration required. Terms and conditions apply.

Anthony Rizos
Program Manager
Amtrak Guest Rewards
Washington, D.C.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:52 pm

thanks for the advance notice. Waiting for T&C.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Cool!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Found I had to login with my AGR account to get the Cascades promo
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I'm seeing only the Acela one. Any idea where to find the NEC?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I'm seeing only the Acela one. Any idea where to find the NEC?
I found it under the left-hand menu (My Promotions -> Suggested Promotions).
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by vatraveler
I found it under the left-hand menu (My Promotions -> Suggested Promotions).
Voila! Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:32 pm
Original Member

Cool promo!

Are business class add-on fares included in the "minimum spend" or is it just the base coach fare?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Does using Keystone Service between New York and Philadelphia count, or does it have to be a Regional?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:27 am
Company Representative - Amtrak
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Originally Posted by PHLviaUS
Does using Keystone Service between New York and Philadelphia count, or does it have to be a Regional?
It has to be a Northeast Regional train.

Anthony
Old Jan 17, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, HHonors Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Do we earn TQP's on the free Acela trip?

I bet the answer to this question is "no" but I still thought I would ask: Does the free Acela trip count towards Select Plus status, meaning, do we still get 1k qualifying points for the trip?

I'm not interested in the points for redemption, I'm more interested in re-qualifying for Select Plus next year.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fried.food.is.good
I bet the answer to this question is "no" but I still thought I would ask: Does the free Acela trip count towards Select Plus status, meaning, do we still get 1k qualifying points for the trip?

I'm not interested in the points for redemption, I'm more interested in re-qualifying for Select Plus next year.
No.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Cool promo!

Are business class add-on fares included in the "minimum spend" or is it just the base coach fare?
Yes, I can confirm that they are. Recently received promo credit for a ~$40 rail fare + $20 biz class upcharge.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 4:11 pm
21A

Can anyone share any experiences with redeeming the vouchers earned in similar promotions in the past? It looks like in the past they were being applied as a sort of virtual AGR redemption:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...s-jan-4-a.html
Which implies that the rules would be similar to those of points redemption: that is, blackout dates, but relatively generous capacity controls, no AP requirement, etc. Do we think this is still the way these vouchers are being issued?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by 21A
Can anyone share any experiences with redeeming the vouchers earned in similar promotions in the past? It looks like in the past they were being applied as a sort of virtual AGR redemption:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...s-jan-4-a.html
Which implies that the rules would be similar to those of points redemption: that is, blackout dates, but relatively generous capacity controls, no AP requirement, etc. Do we think this is still the way these vouchers are being issued?
Pretty easy to redeem in the past - online booking like with points, no capacity controls. There weren't any July 4th holiday blackout dates in the last couple of years (maybe longer), so that was a moot point up until now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.