Select Plus access to International Continental and United Lounges

Subscribe
Question for the Select Plus riders out there that also fly internationally...

Have you ever used your Select Plus card to access a Continental or United lounge internationally (specifically Asia)?

I've used my Amtrak Select Plus card domestically to gain access to multiple red carpet clubs but have not had the opportunity to use it internationally.

Any
I see you're a 1K, so you'd get access as a *G anyway. Of course, if you're not on a Star carrier flight you could hypothetically use your S+ card for UC access. The agents will very likely not be familiar, so ask them to swipe the card and that should bring up the relevant details on their screen. Otherwise you may need to ask them to look it up.

But in theory, yes, as long as it's an actual, United-run UC (not a Star or other partner lounge), you should have access.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Haven't tried it myself internationally, but my confidence level is low.
Thanks GoAmtrak. I should update my profile as I lost 1K status as I've been up and down the East Coast these days on Amtrak. But it looks like air travel is going to start up again.

I figured that the United Red Carpet Clubs all have the same computer software system that will allow the swipe of the Select Plus card. But if they don't, then I can't imagine how to explain how a "train" card gets you access to a plane lounge.
Quote: I figured that the United Red Carpet Clubs all have the same computer software system that will allow the swipe of the Select Plus card. But if they don't, then I can't imagine how to explain how a "train" card gets you access to a plane lounge.
There's no such thing as Red Carpet Clubs anymore. It's all United Clubs after the combination of UA RCCs and CO Presidents Clubs. Lounge access as an S+ was actually one of the very few things that became easier after the CO/UA merger. The computer system that the lounge agents use is programmed such that when they swipe your S+ card, it will recognize it as such and validate your entry to the club. Whenever I encounter an agent now who's skeptical, I always say, "Just please swipe the card," and that quickly ends the discussion.

If they're still incredulous, ask them to look up Amtrak or ClubAcela in the LoungeNet reference guide as an access partner.

Make sense?