Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do AGR points expire?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Do AGR points expire?

Couldn't find anything about expiration on the AGR website-Do they have an expiration, or can I keep them as long as there's activity on the account? Thanks, sorry for the newb questions, I'm new to the whole AMTK thing!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a Terms & Conditions link right on the AGR homepage:

https://amtrakguestrewards.com/info/terms

D. Point Expiration

1) Subject to the terms of this TOC, Points earned under the Program will not expire as long as the Program continues and the Member travels on Amtrak using their Membership Number within a 36–month period.

2) If no paid Amtrak travel is recorded or reported within 36 months, your points will expire. You can view all Point and Travel activity in the "My Account Activity" section of My Account on this site. Redemption travel reserved with points does not constitute paid travel.

3) Points earned under the Program will not expire if the member is an Amtrak Guest Rewards® MasterCard® from Chase® cardholder who has an open account.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
There is a long thread on the subject found using the search function and typing in AGR points expire. the thread you want is

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtra...our-miles.html

Searching is your friend
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Thanks-I made the mistake of looking under the program details, and FAQ page....
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
Thanks-I made the mistake of looking under the program details, and FAQ page....
Actually, it is on the FAQ's page under "Account Activity".
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nerd
Actually, it is on the FAQ's page under "Account Activity".
Why yes, yes it is. Apologies all around, but thanks for the info anyway! Must have missed it. ^
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by nerd
There's a Terms & Conditions link right on the AGR homepage:

https://amtrakguestrewards.com/info/terms

D. Point Expiration

1) Subject to the terms of this TOC, Points earned under the Program will not expire as long as the Program continues and the Member travels on Amtrak using their Membership Number within a 36–month period.

2) If no paid Amtrak travel is recorded or reported within 36 months, your points will expire. You can view all Point and Travel activity in the "My Account Activity" section of My Account on this site. Redemption travel reserved with points does not constitute paid travel.

3) Points earned under the Program will not expire if the member is an Amtrak Guest Rewards® MasterCard® from Chase® cardholder who has an open account.
I just joined AGR last year, and I'm getting notice that I have to use my points by fall or t hey will become useless. This is a pretty pathetic program if that is true.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: Amtrak Select
Jeep, are you sure the notice was from AGR? As mentioned above, as long as you ride on a train at least every 36 months your points should not expire.

Additionally, some folks have commented on this forum before that they don't actually receive notice from AGR when their points are about to expire. If you did actually receive a notice, I believe that is the first report I have heard of AGR notifying members re: point expiration.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
It may be more of an advertisement by AGR to entice the OP to take a trip than to advise points are expiring soon. Technically, our points are "due to expire" the day they post and gets closer everyday.

From my view 36 months is pretty generous. AA is 18 months of no activity and Choice is two years after the year earned (and no choice to extend!). AGR gets a bit restrictive as it is 36 months of no TRAIN activity (shopping or reward travel does not count).
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amamba
Additionally, some folks have commented on this forum before that they don't actually receive notice from AGR when their points are about to expire. If you did actually receive a notice, I believe that is the first report I have heard of AGR notifying members re: point expiration.
It has been mentioned before, though not frequently. I know from 2nd hand experience that they've been doing it for several years now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.