Community
Wiki Posts
Search

That Was Fast (Points Posting)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

My Acela trip on Monday has already posted to AGR (two days). Is the world coming to an end?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Funny... if anything, mine have been taking longer than normal.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: Amtrak Select
My acela trip from Sunday posted yesterday! Very fast turnaround.

Of course my acela trip from Thursday 3/22 hasn't yet posted. I find that when I take the train north - ending in BOS - the points post rather quickly. For whatever reason when I go south to NYP or PHL the points take forever to post.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I just had an Acela trip post in two days. Yikes.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:44 am

Programs: AGR Executive, UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HH Diamond
Probably because they are scanning the tickets in addition to picking them so need for AGR to wait till actual ticket is turned in...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:28 pm

How long does it take for points to show up from a United Airlines Flight ?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I had some Hilton HHonors double dip points that didn't post - a cluster of four stays, actually. They wouldn't do boo until six weeks had passed but upon further complaint not only did points post promptly, I got a follow up phone call explaining how points had posted from HGI + Homewood + Hampton Inn stays. My airline programs have never done that and I have been very active for 25+ years.
Old May 22, 2012, 3:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just happened to me and I can't believe it either!

Rode the Crescent from Baltimore to New Orleans from Saturday-Sunday

Checked AGR this morning, points are already there! Now this I could get used to. They're beating United now!
Old May 23, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: AMEX Cent AU, UA Plat, 9W Plat, Amtrak S+, HHonors Slv
Originally Posted by CMK10
Just happened to me and I can't believe it either!

Rode the Crescent from Baltimore to New Orleans from Saturday-Sunday

Checked AGR this morning, points are already there! Now this I could get used to. They're beating United now!
Wow, that's quite impressive. I've never had such good luck, but maybe one of these days it'll happen!

Out of curiosity, do you know if they were scanning?
Old May 23, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by phillystudent
Out of curiosity, do you know if they were scanning?
I'm not sure, though I'd lean towards no. I saw the standard stacks of ticket halves in the Cafe Car with the conductor sorted into piles the few times I passed through there. Maybe they were scanning, but they took mine the old fashioned way (ripping half, giving me the other) and then left.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm not sure, though I'd lean towards no. I saw the standard stacks of ticket halves in the Cafe Car with the conductor sorted into piles the few times I passed through there. Maybe they were scanning, but they took mine the old fashioned way (ripping half, giving me the other) and then left.
If your points posted that fast, then they were scanning. Most crews so far pull the tickets normally, but then scan them later at the table in the cafe car. Once eTicketing is fully in effect, then they will have to scan at the seat. But for right now, they still have to lift the tickets in the old fashioned way too; so it's just easier to scan later.
Old May 24, 2012, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by AlanB
If your points posted that fast, then they were scanning. Most crews so far pull the tickets normally, but then scan them later at the table in the cafe car. Once eTicketing is fully in effect, then they will have to scan at the seat. But for right now, they still have to lift the tickets in the old fashioned way too; so it's just easier to scan later.
Ahhh that's interesting, thanks for letting me know. I wish I'd seen them scanning, that would have been neat.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:18 am

That's what I figured when CMK10 mentioned how fast it was. So are the live passenger manifests going straight to Amtrak Corporate and to AGR?
Old May 24, 2012, 11:37 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by phillystudent
That's what I figured when CMK10 mentioned how fast it was. So are the live passenger manifests going straight to Amtrak Corporate and to AGR?
I don't know if they're that far along on the routes that don't have full eTicketing, such that live manifests are going straight to Amtrak or if they're transmitted to the computer when the conductor reaches the end point. Just don't know enough about how it works and how the test period works. Sorry!

AFAIK, nothing will go live to AGR, even with full eTicketing. That I believe will still be an overnight housekeeping chore at Amtrak that bundles all the AGR info and then transmits it to the AGR computers.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:53 am

I don't know if they're that far along on the routes that don't have full eTicketing, such that live manifests are going straight to Amtrak or if they're transmitted to the computer when the conductor reaches the end point. Just don't know enough about how it works and how the test period works. Sorry!

AFAIK, nothing will go live to AGR, even with full eTicketing. That I believe will still be an overnight housekeeping chore at Amtrak that bundles all the AGR info and then transmits it to the AGR computers.
Fair enough - thanks for sharing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.