Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a Reward Bedroom for Three?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Booking a Reward Bedroom for Three?

Hi all,

I realize the tight space afforded in a bedroom for three people, especially at night. But as it will be for three teenagers, I figured they would rather be all in the same space as opposed to two roomettes.

Now the big question is, will Amtrak let me book a bedroom with three passengers for a reward booking (@ 20,000 points)?

Has anyone had experience in this?

Best,

SkidRow
Old Feb 13, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
What route and how far and what ages and Traveling alone or with you?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yes, you can put 3 on an award reservation in a bedroom, for a 1 zone redemption, for 20,000 points. As the other posters on the Amtrak Unlimited said, you will have to call to make the reservation, but you can do it. They'll tell you on the phone, that it's meant for 2, but can accomodate 3 if 2 share the slightly larger lower bunk. It's a tight fit, but can be done if they don't mind being close. We just booked a trip using AGR points on the Texas Eagle, Sunset Limited, City of New Orleans, and the Texas Eagle again, with 3 in a bedroom. Don't know what age the teens are, but they must be at least 16 to travel alone. (assumed from your post, they were solo?)

Last edited by Paddlenpedal; Feb 13, 2012 at 11:09 pm
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
As the other posters on the Amtrak Unlimited said, you will have to call to make the reservation, but you can do it.
Mainly for the benefit of people finding this thread later: note that you always have to call to redeem AGR points for sleeper travel.

The unusual situation comes in when trying to book a paid trip with sleeping accommodations: 1 or 2 in a bedroom can be booked on Amtrak.com, but booking a third person requires a phone call (or a visit to a ticket counter) so that a live agent can make sure you realize, as SkidRow does, that the space may be a little tight for three.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:31 am

Specifically, the lower bunk is about the size of a twin bed. If they're fine with that, yes, go ahead and do it. Everyone on the room reservation gets meals, too.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by trainman74
Mainly for the benefit of people finding this thread later: note that you always have to call to redeem AGR points for sleeper travel.

The unusual situation comes in when trying to book a paid trip with sleeping accommodations: 1 or 2 in a bedroom can be booked on Amtrak.com, but booking a third person requires a phone call (or a visit to a ticket counter) so that a live agent can make sure you realize, as SkidRow does, that the space may be a little tight for three.
thanks for posting that info. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.