Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Keystone Reserved / Unreserved Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak S+, Kimpton IC

If I take a Keystone from NYP to Philly, and then on to points west of Philly same day, can I book a train (e.g. 653) from NYP to LNC (for example), get off the train in Philly, and then board a later train (again unreserved) using my 653 stub to LNC, or will I be forced to make two bookings?

I ask this only because points west of Philly are unreserved.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Looks like I can do a multi city itinerary which nets pricing within a $1 of the original, so that may be the way to go.

Still interested to know if you can get back on with a stub for a different train headed west, same day.

Does Amtrak have any rules on "stopovers" on the keystone?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Unless your subsequent train was too close (in time) to the original to make this physically possible, how would the conductor know that you hadn't ridden the earlier train the whole way to LNC? (and then came back to PHL, and tried to use the stub again)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Unless your subsequent train was too close (in time) to the original to make this physically possible, how would the conductor know that you hadn't ridden the earlier train the whole way to LNC? (and then came back to PHL, and tried to use the stub again)
No way to know that, but if you have a ~10 minute layover on a through train, they will let you off and then back on... same thing? I guess it would depend on the ticket checker and/or conductor (YMMV)?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tolkiennut
Looks like I can do a multi city itinerary which nets pricing within a $1 of the original, so that may be the way to go.
That is less than a penny per additional AGR point. I would book it as multi city for the points and to avoid any potential argument with the ticket checker at the top of the stairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.