FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amtrak | Guest Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards-399/)
-   -   Amtrak Guest Rewards Signup Referral Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards/1306211-amtrak-guest-rewards-signup-referral-thread.html)

ElPresidente Jan 24, 2012 8:22 am

Amtrak Guest Rewards Signup Referral Thread

Moderator's Note:

Please do not post your e-mail address in this thread. Doing so will likely delay your post as it will be held for review by a moderator.

The proper method is to post request for referral. A fellow FlyerTalk member will contact you via Private Message on the forum asking for your e-mail address. Once you reply with that information, the FT member will send the referral.

Yes, it is a bit convoluted but your post stays out of the moderation queue and it keeps your e-mail address private from search and spam crawlers.

Thank you.

ByeByeDelta
AGR Moderator

Let's start a new thread and make it clear from the beginning.

Post here if you want a referral.

Just a post saying "need referral" then wait for the PM, send your email address by PM, and await referral email.

There are no "Enrollment Codes" active as of January 2012, so don't waste your time looking around for one right now. You can signup all on your lonesome and still get 500 points without any "Enrollment Code". All this thread does is make sure while you are getting your 500 points that an existing member does too. A referral "gifts" 500 points to the person giving it. I did it when I signed up, because it's the right thing to do. Let someone take advantage of the promotion for that, then if you have the time come back and offer a referral. I got a referral, then later handed one out.

I consider it courteous if FT regulars who "bag" a referral wait 1 hour before pouncing on the next one.

Your fellow Amtrak GR compatriots thank you for your support.

Happy trails!

nerd Jan 24, 2012 9:56 am

Originally Posted by ElPresidente (Post 17877012)
Just a post saying "need referral" then wait for the PM, send your email address by PM, and await referral email.

Isn't that kind of how the existing AGR Referral thread works? :confused:

ElPresidente Jan 24, 2012 11:35 am

Originally Posted by nerd (Post 17877652)
Isn't that kind of how the existing AGR Referral thread works? :confused:

I found the existing thread confusing. It doesn't make clear within the first page, that there is no enrollment code. There is no special bonus for the recipient of the referral. A new account can get 500 points without a referral AFAICT. Forgive my interruption, and either ignore the thread or perhaps a moderator can delete it.

TrouserTrout Feb 21, 2012 11:55 am

Need referral

Need referral Thanks:cool:

lo2e Feb 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by TrouserTrout (Post 18056552)
Need referral Thanks:cool:

TT, I sent you a Private Message.

leebids1 Feb 24, 2012 12:02 pm

need referral

need referral- thanks!

rrdude Feb 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Sent you one

Originally Posted by leebids1 (Post 18075417)
need referral- thanks!

Please check your Private Message. And/or send me your email addy at pilchermd AT verizon.net

obnoxoid Feb 27, 2012 11:11 am

Going to be purchasing an Amtrak ticket soon/joining Guest Rewards. Would be happy to receive a referral. Thanks!

rrdude Feb 27, 2012 11:15 am

AGR Referral

Originally Posted by obnoxoid (Post 18090635)
Going to be purchasing an Amtrak ticket soon/joining Guest Rewards. Would be happy to receive a referral. Thanks!

Check your PM for a referral, or email me your email addy at: pilchermd AT verizon.net

darben Mar 6, 2012 9:37 am

Link for 750 points

Do not know if targeted but I got email today with a link for 750 points for someone who signs up for AGR.

PM me for link if you want it and I will send it to you.
Cannot see a way to refer someone and still allow them to get the 750 points.
So this will go down as an almost altruistic moment

ywlke Mar 6, 2012 9:43 am

I also got an e-mail today even though I already have a Guest Rewards account. They offered me 1000 bonus points; it looks like an embedded enrollment code in the link, although it says that the offer is only valid from the link and expires 3/31/2012. I am also unsure if it is targeted. PM me if you are interested...I am curious to know if this will work for other people.

darben Mar 6, 2012 7:26 pm

update

ywlke and I have what we believe to be a code for 1000 points if someone enrolls. We are looking for someone to try it out.
ANY takers PM either of us with your email address and we will give you the code.
I do not feel it should be published at this time while it is proven effective

ElPresidente Mar 6, 2012 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by ywlke (Post 18145397)
I also got an e-mail today even though I already have a Guest Rewards account.

I looked at a copy of this and note 2 things:

"Because you are already a valued Amtrak customer, we’ve created an exclusive offer to help you reach your rewards even faster. For a limited time, we’ll give you 1000 Amtrak Guest Rewards bonus points when you enroll and travel before March 31, 2012."

They think they are targetting you because you have done some Amtrak business. And:

"Exclusive bonus offer only valid when the enrollment is initiated through the Join link provided in this email. Offer valid for new members only. Travel within 90 days following your enrollment to earn bonus points. Offer expires 3/31/12. "

So they believe you are not an AGR member already. Perhaps the email address they sent it to, is not one that is registered on your AGR account? Otherwise I have to assume it's a marketing effort that fails to winnow their list before sending. The JOIN link definitely takes you to a new-account creation page.

darben Mar 6, 2012 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by ElPresidente (Post 18149642)
I looked at a copy of this and note 2 things:

"Because you are already a valued Amtrak customer, we’ve created an exclusive offer to help you reach your rewards even faster. For a limited time, we’ll give you 1000 Amtrak Guest Rewards bonus points when you enroll and travel before March 31, 2012."

They think they are targetting you because you have done some Amtrak business. And:

"Exclusive bonus offer only valid when the enrollment is initiated through the Join link provided in this email. Offer valid for new members only. Travel within 90 days following your enrollment to earn bonus points. Offer expires 3/31/12. "

So they believe you are not an AGR member already. Perhaps the email address they sent it to, is not one that is registered on your AGR account? Otherwise I have to assume it's a marketing effort that fails to winnow their list before sending. The JOIN link definitely takes you to a new-account creation page.

It was sent to my AGR email address.

ywlke Mar 6, 2012 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by darben (Post 18149703)
It was sent to my AGR email address.

Ah yes but Amtrak accounts are technically separate from AGR accounts. I use the same e-mail address for both, so it is most likely triggered by the Amtrak account. Even though I linked my AGR account to the Amtrak account when they introduced that feature.