Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

What does Amtrak do with written feedback about employees?

Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

When a customer contacts Amtrak to give positive or negative feedback about an employee, does Amtrak do anything with it?

For negative feedback: I had a terrible experience with a sleeping car attendant who screamed at me when I boarded through another car, screamed at me again and refused to let me off at my stop, and then on the next trip came to my room and told me to get out and go to another car because he wasnt comfortable.

I contacted Amtrak (via email to Customer Service, which was ignored, and then via Twitter and via US mail). Amtrak informed me that they added the information to a database.

For positive feedback: I Tweeted praise, naming an employee and giving the date and train number. Amtrak responded that it would pass the praise along.

What would Amtrak do with the feedback, and would there be any good or bad consequences for the employees?

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:59 am

I honestly do not think they do anything unless they receive multiple complaints about an individual within a relatively short period of time.

It seems clear to me that Amtrak does not expend much, if any, management time or effort in supervising or ensuring adherence to policy for their onboard service personnel.
WeekendTraveler and 757FO like this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 3:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks. Does Amtrak senior management ride its trains from time to time?

I can't imagine that the CEO would enjoy being screamed at for approaching a cafe car counter from the coach side if he was in a sleeping car, or Flexible Dining.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler

I can't imagine that the CEO would enjoy being screamed at for approaching a cafe car counter from the coach side if he was in a sleeping car, or Flexible Dining.
Probably not. If they do, most likely on the North West Corridor for a photo op.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 1:45 am

Nope. The few times they are on an LD, they are in their business car with it's own chef.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think Amtrak cares.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:56 pm

I use to drive a tour bus in Southeast Alaska and the passengers on the tour would be given comment cards to fill out and leave them on the bus. Early in the summer season I took the comment cards to my supervisor and she dumped them right in the trash.
WeekendTraveler and strickerj like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Coly Hope
I use to drive a tour bus in Southeast Alaska and the passengers on the tour would be given comment cards to fill out and leave them on the bus. Early in the summer season I took the comment cards to my supervisor and she dumped them right in the trash.
Brilliant and a great way to maximize revenues.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 2:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

UPDATE

I was at my local train station, and the same brutal sleeping car attendant saw me and began screaming at me again, months after the first episodes. I was out running early in the morning, and I decided to stop and watch the train pull in, to see if any passengers would get off.

He screamed, Id better not ever see you on this train again!

Not sure how thats appropriate behavior for a sleeping car attendant.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
I was at my local train station, and the same brutal sleeping car attendant saw me and began screaming at me again, months after the first episodes. I was out running early in the morning, and I decided to stop and watch the train pull in, to see if any passengers would get off.

He screamed, “I’d better not ever see you on this train again!”

Not sure how that’s appropriate behavior for a sleeping car attendant.
hmm next time around take a video and send it to your local news station?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.