FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amtrak | Guest Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards-399/)
-   -   AGR Shopping - Points for Free Trial Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards/1300251-agr-shopping-points-free-trial-programs.html)

darben Jan 8, 2012 10:46 pm

AGR Shopping - Points for Free Trial Programs

Real player superpass trial gets you 1070 points

T&C's
Customers are eligible for rewards on the following purchases or actions: 14-day free trial of SuperPass, continuation of previous SuperPass subscription (including Big Brother), download of RealPlayer Plus, 14-day free trial of Real Broadbrand Essentials, and online video subscription.

I am going to give it a go

https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/shopping

look under Wireless & Internet Services

Stamps.com at Amtrak shopping has 1070 points

T&C
Customers earn when they purchase a Photostamps product or become a new member of Stamps.com

Membership is free for 4 week trial

It is listed under financial services.

Shoeboxed
2140 points

T&C
Customer earns reward once successful payment for first month of service is completed (applies to Business, Classic and Lite Memberships). Customer also earns reward for successful activation of a free trial of any service level.

It is also under financial services

Shoeboxed T&C for free trial

Free Trial

If you sign up today you will receive a 30-Day, 50 Document Free Trial.

If for some reason you are not satisfied with Shoeboxed, you may cancel in the first 30 days and never be charged.

If you are enjoying Shoeboxed, do nothing and your membership will continue!

There are no long term commitments. You may cancel your account any time

maccoinnich Jan 9, 2012 1:45 am

Real Player still exists? Who knew?

marksskram Jan 9, 2012 7:49 am

Originally Posted by maccoinnich (Post 17776773)
Real Player still exists? Who knew?

Yeah - I honestly thought they went under a while ago.

Going to give it a try anyway though. Thanks darben!

lo2e Jan 9, 2012 4:11 pm

MAYBE another one-

MyFax.com - Under Wireless & Internet Services
It says you can earn 860 points, and MyFax.com offers a free 30-day trial

darben Jan 9, 2012 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by lo2e (Post 17781379)
MAYBE another one-

MyFax.com - Under Wireless & Internet Services
It says you can earn 860 points, and MyFax.com offers a free 30-day trial

Thanks I will sign up for that one too making over 5000 points if all goes well
NB I will NOT be signing up for MyFax as their are no T&C's for this offer that show the free trial will get points. All the other offers have that as a T&C so I passed

lo2e Jan 9, 2012 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by darben (Post 17781468)
Thanks I will sign up for that one too making over 5000 points if all goes well
NB I will NOT be signing up for MyFax as their are no T&C's for this offer that show the free trial will get points. All the other offers have that as a T&C so I passed

I tried it, will let you know if it goes through.

petemoss30 Jan 11, 2012 7:29 pm

I tried this back 3 months ago and signed up for a lot of the free trials offered. After calling customer service several times and getting the run-around, I can attest this is a sham :( No points as of yet and I dont foresee any, either.

darben Jan 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by petemoss30 (Post 17796740)
I tried this back 3 months ago and signed up for a lot of the free trials offered. After calling customer service several times and getting the run-around, I can attest this is a sham :( No points as of yet and I dont foresee any, either.

Ah but I am retired and have time to chase the points

darben Feb 15, 2012 7:57 pm

first points posted

The shoeboxed points for the free trial posted without problem to my account today.

2139 points for free

lo2e Feb 16, 2012 4:14 am

Originally Posted by darben (Post 18024049)
The shoeboxed points for the free trial posted without problem to my account today.

2139 points for free

Got mine also, but then a transaction right after it for negative 2139 points. :confused: I contacted AGR to see what's up with that.

I did get 2499 points from RealtyTrac (another free trial thing that isn't mentioned in this thread). ^

lo2e Mar 29, 2012 4:00 am

Originally Posted by lo2e (Post 18025636)
Got mine also, but then a transaction right after it for negative 2139 points. :confused: I contacted AGR to see what's up with that.

Update - just yesterday I was credited 2,139 points with a description of "Partner" and type "Adjustment" - so it looks like this is the credit I should have received for Shoeboxed.

STILL waiting on a few others to post, LONG after the six weeks has passed... :(

darben Mar 30, 2012 5:38 pm

I had to chase the Stamps and realplayer points through AGR. But AGR finally had them post to my account recently.

AGR Insider was probably the driving force after I first tried using the missing points form.

lo2e Apr 9, 2012 1:24 pm

A rather new one - "Doba" under Earn -> Points for Shopping -> Home & Garden - "Customer earns reward with a new sign up for 7-day free trial with a credit card." - 710 points.

darben Apr 9, 2012 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by lo2e (Post 18361449)
A rather new one - "Doba" under Earn -> Points for Shopping -> Home & Garden - "Customer earns reward with a new sign up for 7-day free trial with a credit card." - 710 points.

But be careful the monthly charge is $60.00 per month after 7 days.
So cancel quickly

lo2e Apr 9, 2012 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by darben (Post 18362177)
But be careful the monthly charge is $60.00 per month after 7 days.
So cancel quickly

Used a prepaid card that has less than $5 available on it. :)