Tipping - ClubAcela

Subscribe
Is this required, encouraged, whatnot? I just saw an awkward encounter where it looked like the attendant was waiting for something when letting the passenger board the elevator to the tracks but the passenger seemed to not realize. Don't want to be in that situation in a bit.

Normally I just go down to the concourse level in PHL to use the Keystone but today it's a madhouse and I want to avoid it on my way to 2254.
I've never seen a CA agent tipped for anything. I suppose if one really went out of their way to solve a reservation problem for you, or if they assisted you in carrying your luggage, then maybe a tip might be appropriate. But then I've never seen one assist with luggage either.

But normally, no, they don't get tipped and shouldn't be expecting a tip.

Could they have been waiting for another passenger to get to the elevator? Or maybe they were having trouble with the key to unlock the elevator to get it to go down to the track level?
I haven't tipped when I've used the Metropolitan Lounge (in pre-Club Acela days).

I've had an airline lounge membership for almost 10 years and tipping there would not happen; I view Amtrak's lounges in the same way.
I've never tipped in a club acela.

I occasionally tip the first class attendants if I receive exceptional service.
CA No, Car Attendants Yes
I've never seen anyone tip a CA manager. I generally tip the F attendants $10-20 (which seems to be the norm if you watch what people hand the one at the exit door) depending on the trip (WAS-NYP = $20, WAS-PHL = $10).
Quote: I've never seen anyone tip a CA manager. I generally tip the F attendants $10-20 (which seems to be the norm if you watch what people hand the one at the exit door) depending on the trip (WAS-NYP = $20, WAS-PHL = $10).
That seems higher than what I have observed on average. I normally see people tip $5-$10 from NYP-BOS.

I have never see anyone tip a CA attendant.