Enterprise car rental

Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Enterprise car rental

Sample weekly rate is $52 higher when using Enterprise car rental link from AGR website rather than booking directly with Enterprise. And this is without any discount codes.

Sorry, but it's not worth the 50 AGR points per day to get reamed on the rate.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:15 am
Company Representative - Amtrak

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (Select Executive)
Hi Boraxo -
I am sorry you had that experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention as it was the intent of the offer to be a discounted rate. If you send me the specifics on the rental, I will ask Enterprise to review it and find out if there is an error in the system. Please send the info in a PM if it contains private information.

Thanks

Becky Parks
Senior Marketing Officer, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Old Sep 10, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I'm glad you are on this, AGR Insider. It seems to be common practice among car rental companies that have promos for extra airline miles or points, where the rates charged are higher if you opt in for miles/points vs. if you don't
Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Indeed I am impressed with AGR Insider as I've now been contacted by both AGR and Enterprise about my rental.

[Deleted]

Last edited by Boraxo; Sep 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm Reason: accuracy
Old Sep 12, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I book Enterprise several times annually, and the rate is always as cheap through the AGR channel as on enterprise.com. My points also post consistently. Couldn't be happier with this partnership. ^

Maybe there's a location-specific glitch?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just wanted to update: Enterprise has contacted me and I believe we have reached a satisfactory resolution.

In sum I highly commend both AGR and Enterprise for going the extra mile on personalized customer service. As for finding the lowest rates, the old maxim is always a good one to follow: Trust but verify.

Maybe MODERATOR can retitle this thread to simply: "Enterprise Car Rental Points"
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
I've found the AGR rate to be the same as the Enterprise.com rate. So while I haven't had the experience of the OP in terms of getting quoted a higher rate, I've also not seen the AGR rate to be discounted, as AGR Insider implies in Post #2.

In fact, since I have not found a way to receive AGR points while getting a discount using another code (Entertainment Book, to name just one), then effectively I have to choose between getting AGR points or saving actual money using another discount code. The points are nice, but....

If anyone has figured out to get AGR points and apply an actual discount code, please post here.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by fairviewroad
I've found the AGR rate to be the same as the Enterprise.com rate. So while I haven't had the experience of the OP in terms of getting quoted a higher rate, I've also not seen the AGR rate to be discounted, as AGR Insider implies in Post #2.

In fact, since I have not found a way to receive AGR points while getting a discount using another code (Entertainment Book, to name just one), then effectively I have to choose between getting AGR points or saving actual money using another discount code. The points are nice, but....

If anyone has figured out to get AGR points and apply an actual discount code, please post here.
A little OT, but a recent poster suggested that one can now have Enterprise rentals credited to National's frequent-renter program. If that's correct, then still no AGR points, but maybe some free rental days from National.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by guv1976
A little OT, but a recent poster suggested that one can now have Enterprise rentals credited to National's frequent-renter program. If that's correct, then still no AGR points, but maybe some free rental days from National.
I just rented a car from Enterprise and was able to get both the triple AGR points (150 per day) as well as my National Emerald Club credits.

I had to log into the Enterprise site with my National Emerald Club credentials first and then use the link from the AGR site to activate the triple point promo. I was actually prompted to choose whether I wanted to use my existing Emerald Club corporate code for the discount or use the AGR triple point promo. The discount only saved about 50 cents, so of course I used the AGR triple point promo. It still saved my Emerald Club credentials, though, and Enterprise had my profile information on file when I arrived.

I returned the car on October 14 and the Emerald Club rental credit posted immediately. Not only that, but I just checked my AGR account and saw my 150 points post today (October 20), so points appear to post very quickly!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.