Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Amtrak Promotions and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Need coupon for H860 discount

The best rate for a ticket I just purchased over the telephone was H860. The agent who processed my order did not say I would need a paper coupon when I picked up my tickets; however, when I spoke with someone else later (different issue--getting our membership #'s straightened out), she said I would need one.

I had already ordered the Amtrak America guide because I read on here that the guide contains the H863 coupon. Can anyone tell me if that guide also has the H860 coupon, or where I can obtain one?

Thank you!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
quicktrak

Quiktrak machines have no way of asking for a code. So if your station has one pick up your tickets early from the machine.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by darben
Quiktrak machines have no way of asking for a code. So if your station has one pick up your tickets early from the machine.
Good idea, except I have to go to the counter because I am paying with a gift certificate.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:06 am

Philadelphia-DC-Philadelphia daily

Hello forum,

I live in down-town Philladelphia and I plan to travel to DC for work twice a week.

I'll take the Northeast Regional from 30th Street to Union station and back. I will be doing this twice a week for the next few years.

Currently I see that I can get roud-trip tickets @ 70$ or so.

Since my day's will be fixed (Tuesday and Thursday) is there any way that I can travel more economically?

thank you for your answer in advance.

- alphascan
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
deleted
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:38 pm

Leaving Jan 4th 2012

I am trying to find discounts for 353 (Wolverine) to Chicago and/or 448 (Lake Shore Limited) for Jan 4th 2012. Start Point Kalamazoo, MI, Ending point Syracuse, NY. I am looking to buy this ticket in the next day or so. So, if anyone can help me with a promotion code for this trip (solo ticket) I'd appreciate it.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:58 pm

Hi there I have been on this site for weeks searching and on other sites!! I have read your post and others and I have ordered all 6 books from amtrak and I am not finding any coupons not the H863 (save 30%on companion ticket) or H860 (B1G1 40% off) Help we are traveling from Newark penn station to jaxonville FL Jan. 13 and returning Jan. 23rd. We have 2 children and 2 adults PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by Deanna O
Hi there I have been on this site for weeks searching and on other sites!! I have read your post and others and I have ordered all 6 books from amtrak and I am not finding any coupons not the H863 (save 30%on companion ticket) or H860 (B1G1 40% off) Help we are traveling from Newark penn station to jaxonville FL Jan. 13 and returning Jan. 23rd. We have 2 children and 2 adults PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
The new editions of the book have come out PM me for details on how to use the code.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by darben
The new editions of the book have come out PM me for details on how to use the code.
I have PM'ed you!!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Deanna O
Those coupons from the Amtrak America 2011-2012 brochure expired December 15.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by johncm
Those coupons from the Amtrak America 2011-2012 brochure expired December 15.
Hmm... I have a reservation made on the telephone using code H860, which I have not taken yet. The reservation needed to be made before 12/15 or the travel was supposed to be completed by then?

Last edited by IrisT; Jan 11, 2012 at 5:42 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by IrisT
Hmm... I have a reservation made on the telephone using code H860, which I have not taken yet. The reservation needed to be made before 12/15 or the travel was supposed to be completed by then?
The reservation needed to be made by 12/15, valid for travel in 2012.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:21 pm

Unhappy Amtrak Surfliner Discount

I have looked everywhere. I NEEDDD a discount for trip from Los Angeles to Oceanside on the surfliner. My ma is really really sick and I have to get to her at least by Saturday. Anyone know of anyway to get a discount??
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blthomas09
I have looked everywhere. I NEEDDD a discount for trip from Los Angeles to Oceanside on the surfliner. My ma is really really sick and I have to get to her at least by Saturday. Anyone know of anyway to get a discount??
I would call Amtrak and ask about "bereavement" discounted rates. They apply to ill family members not just deceased AFAICR. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.