Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Amtrak Promotions and Discounts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by oizilein
Hi, I'm trying to buy 6 adult and 2 child tickets from NYC to Providence RI in July - Are there any coupon codes I could use?
Many Thanks,
Mo.
There's a 15%-off Rhode Island promo linked in the post above, but your best savings is simply booking 14+ days in advance. The 25%-off advance purchase discount on Northeast Regional trains cannot be combined with any promos, AAA, etc.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Save 30% on a companion ticket

Book between Sept6 and Dec15, 2011 for travel between January 3 and April 30, 2012

Coach only no upgrades allowed

code H863
Not good on Acela, autotrain, NER, Keystones, Ethan Allen, Vermonter, Capitol Corridor, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, San Joaquin and 7000-8999 Thruway bus

14 day advance purchase necessary

Saw this in a printed brochure
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:16 pm

Lake Shore Limited

Save 25% when you book your travel on the Lake Shore Limited® now through August 31, 2011 for travel November 1 – 17, 2011. You'll get low-priced seats to see the Great Lakes and the big city. See more sights for less.
Terms and Conditions

* Valid for 25% off the regular (full) adult rail fare.
* Valid for sale August 1 - 31, 2011.
* Valid for travel November 1 - 17, 2011.
* Up to 2 children ages 2 - 15 may accompany each adult at half fare.
* Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
* Valid for travel on the Lake Shore Limited.
* Valid for coach seats only; no sleeper upgrades permitted.
* Fares are non-refundable once ticketed; exchanges are permitted within ticket validity period. Not combinable with any other discount offer.
* In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
* Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
* Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
* Other restrictions may apply.

Link to promo page is

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak/Promotion
Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by darben
Book between Sept6 and Dec15, 2011 for travel between January 3 and April 30, 2012

code H863
Not good on Acela, autotrain, NER, Keystones, Ethan Allen, Vermonter, Capitol Corridor, Cascades, Pacific Surfliner, San Joaquin and 7000-8999 Thruway bus

Note that this discount is only valid with the physical coupon from the Amtrak America brochure (and possibly other sources). It is not accepted for online/phone reservations.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:15 pm

discounts for Capitol Corridor?

I'm looking to book 4 tickets on the Capitol Corridor for travel later this month. Thus far, AAA discount is the only one I can find. Any others out there that I might have missed?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by samuel_m
I'm looking to book 4 tickets on the Capitol Corridor for travel later this month. Thus far, AAA discount is the only one I can find. Any others out there that I might have missed?

No the capitol corridor trains usually do not get promotions. I think because of State of California funding.
Book now as the price will only go up. If you find a great promo you can always cancel before tickets are printed without penalty.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by samuel_m
Sure, save 25% on the Capitol Corridor through September 19: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...=1248543995964

(found using link in Post #1 of this thread -- http://www.railserve.com/amtrak_coupons.html)
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:31 pm

promocodes for california zephyr in Dec.

Hi i'm new to flyertalk. But I'm looking for any discounts for a roundtrip ticket on the california zephyr or the cardinal. I'm heading from Sacramento to Indianapolis from dec. 20th to jan 2nd. any help here?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:34 pm

Albuquerque to Northside Chicago

Have a friend trying to make travel arrangements to go to the Northside Chicago. Amtrak rates have gone up and I'm trying to find a promo code to get a discount. When I go to google this - all I get are links that take me to airfares - like Cheaptickets or Orbitz. but only airfares and then they want a credit card and all that stuff. I just want a promo code that I can use to buy the ticket here in downtown . I want to leave ABQ Oct .19th
go to NPV and return leaving NPV on Oct. 25th which gets me back at ABQ on the 26th. The best I came up with on Fri. was $210. This is with an ADA discount. The person I spoke to said I might find a further discount with a promo code but said they were "rare" on this line they call the "Southwest Chief" Can you find me a promo code? I'd like to get the ticket this week because the closer it gets to the travel dates the price goes up.Thanks

Anybody can help her?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by tonymona
Have a friend trying to make travel arrangements to go to the Northside Chicago. Amtrak rates have gone up and I'm trying to find a promo code to get a discount. When I go to google this - all I get are links that take me to airfares - like Cheaptickets or Orbitz. but only airfares and then they want a credit card and all that stuff. I just want a promo code that I can use to buy the ticket here in downtown . I want to leave ABQ Oct .19th
go to NPV and return leaving NPV on Oct. 25th which gets me back at ABQ on the 26th. The best I came up with on Fri. was $210. This is with an ADA discount. The person I spoke to said I might find a further discount with a promo code but said they were "rare" on this line they call the "Southwest Chief" Can you find me a promo code? I'd like to get the ticket this week because the closer it gets to the travel dates the price goes up.Thanks

Anybody can help her?

BOOK NOW!!!
You can always cancel and rebook without penalty if you find a code. all delay gets you is a higher price.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:41 pm
BCH

Never mind. I made a mistake.

Originally Posted by darben

code H863

Last edited by BCH; Sep 30, 2011 at 3:43 pm Reason: correction
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:29 am

Save 25% on Travel between New Orleans and Carbondale Il

Terms and Conditions

* Valid for 25% off the regular (full) adult rail fare.
* Valid for sale October 1 – 31, 2011.
* Valid for travel January 3 – 31, 2012.
* Up to two children ages 2-15 may accompany each adult at half the discounted fare.
* Valid for travel on the City of New Orleans between New Orleans, LA and Carbondale, IL only (including all intermediate cities).
* Valid for coach seats only; no sleeper upgrades permitted.
* Fares are non-refundable once ticketed; exchanges are permitted within ticket validity period.
* Not combinable with any other discount offer.
* In addition to the discount restrictions; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:34 am

Capitol Corridor deals for young and old

Riders 62 and Over Save 50% Midweek on the Capitol Corridor
Purchase by October 27, 2011

# Valid for 50% off the regular (full) adult rail fare for senior citizens only.
# Valid for sale and travel now through October 27, 2011 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
# Blackouts apply Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
# Valid for travel on the Capitol Corridor and associated Thruways, except not valid on the 7000-8999 series Thruways.
# Valid for Coach seats. Seating is subject to availability.
# In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts, and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
# Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
# Once travel has begun; no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
# Not combinable with any other discount offer.
# Other restrictions may apply..

Kids Ride Free on Weekends on the Capitol Corridor

* Valid for sale through October 30, 2011.
* Valid for travel on Saturdays and Sundays only.
* Blackouts apply all Mondays through Fridays.
* Valid for two free kids (ages 2 - 15) rail fares when accompanied by a paid regular (full) fare adult.
* Free kids and paid adult must travel together at all times.
* Valid for travel on the Capitol Corridor and associated Thruways, except not valid on the 7000-8999 series Thruways.
* Valid for Coach seats only.
* In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts, and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 2:45 pm

From the railserve page linked at the start of this thread (http://www.railserve.com/amtrak_coupons.html):

CAPITOL CORRIDOR, PACIFIC SURFLINER & SAN JOAQUIN - Buy One Get One Free!
Amtrak Discount Code: Click 'Book It Now' at Amtrak.com: Buy One, Get One On Amtrak
Expiration: Book and travel by January 31, 2012.
Amtrak Trains/Routes: Capitol Corridor, Pacific Surfliner, San Joaquin, and associated thruway buses.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:46 pm

3 day sale NYP to PHL or WIL $25.00

Book your Amtrak tickets online today through October 13, 2011 for travel between New York, NY and Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE November 30 - December 15, 2011 for $25.

Terms and Conditions

* Valid for sale October 11 – 13, 2011.
* Valid for travel November 30 – December 15, 2011.
* Exclusively available at Amtrak.com.
* Once ticketed fares are non-refundable; exchanges are permitted prior to the original travel date.
* Valid for travel on the Northeast Regional service between Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE to New York, NY only. (Also includes travel on the Keystone Service between Philadelphia, PA and New York, NY.)
* The discounted one-way fares are valid for all passengers; no additional discounts apply.
* Valid for coach seats only; no Business Class upgrades permitted.
* In addition to the discount restrictions this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.