FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amtrak | Guest Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards-399/)
-   -   Which stations do you use the most? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards/1023856-stations-do-you-use-most.html)

CKinMD Dec 4, 2009 2:11 pm

Which stations do you use the most?

Amongst the FT crowd, i'm curious to see which stations you use the most often.

My top 5 are:

1) WAS
2) NYP
3) STM
4) RKV
5) NWK

CMK10 Dec 4, 2009 3:21 pm

I'm not a frequent Amtraker (Amtrakie?) and I bounce around on a lot of different routes when I do travel. However, in the last four years the I have used LAX with a fair frequency.

chuljin Dec 4, 2009 5:12 pm

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0)

LAX and GDL, almost equally and by a landslide. :)

rittenhousesq Dec 4, 2009 5:26 pm

1: PHL
2: NWK
3: NYP
4: WAS
5: BOS

The top three amount for 90% of my travel.

jackal Dec 5, 2009 5:07 am

In my best estimation, of the ones I use regularly (keeping in mind that's relative, since I live ~1,300 miles from the nearest station):

1. SIM
2. PRB
3. SLO
4. LAX
5. SAN

The rest of my 13,000 or so miles have been long-distance trips that have resulted in an actually relatively few number of stations that I've visited multiple times--NYP, BOS, WAS, SEA, and PDX. (I suppose I've been to CLT twice if you count that I started and ended a loop trip there; I'm not counting stations at which I had long layovers/stopovers and so may have left and come back while on the stopover--that would include CVS, CHI, and PHL.)

kspeed55 Dec 5, 2009 6:39 am

CHI
EFG
LAX
SAC
NYP

EFG is the closest but we travel through CHI a lot.

lo2e Dec 5, 2009 2:32 pm

WEM and BON are the two that I use most often, although I've occasionally gone from POR to BON.

hvnflyer Dec 5, 2009 3:07 pm

New Haven

harpodamann Dec 5, 2009 3:38 pm

Asain
French
Pizza

trainman74 Dec 5, 2009 3:41 pm

LAX and SAN (for weekend day trips to San Diego, which begin with me taking the subway from North Hollywood).

But on those rare occasions when I've needed an agent's services, I've gone to VNC (Van Nuys).

NJCoastExp Dec 5, 2009 7:51 pm

Met
nhv
nwk
nyp
bos

Jimgotkp Dec 5, 2009 9:37 pm

MET and PVD. Will be using NYP in two weeks so I can transfer on NJTransit to MET from PVD so I can arrive two hours earlier compared to taking Amtrak and arriving two hours later.

Triley Dec 5, 2009 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by lo2e (Post 12932054)
WEM and BON are the two that I use most often, although I've occasionally gone from POR to BON.

I'm surprised to see BON listed in this thread. Never see many people from our area on the AGR forums, aside from AlanB.

How is the Downeaster? I've never had a real reason to use it yet, but there have been times where I've come close, just to have the plans called off for one reason or another.

My top stations are:

1.BOS
2.NYP
3.PVD
4.NWK
5.NLC

GoAmtrak Dec 6, 2009 1:20 am

1. BKY
2. EMY
3. LAX
4. OKJ
5. CHI

Yes, 3 of my top 5 stations are within 7 miles of each other. Having those local options (and taking short MRs between them) is great but really skews the data! :p

lo2e Dec 6, 2009 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Triley (Post 12934047)
How is the Downeaster?

I like it a lot, although I can't imagine how they can keep it running when the train seems to be half-full or less every time I've taken it... oh well, no complaints from me!