Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
JUst wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to claim expenses for a flight that was cancelled and had to overnight somewhere? Just hoping to get some feedback on how easy the process is and what you claimed for?
Extremely easy. You have 1000$ to spend at a nice hotel plus meals. Just call them and file a claim during or after the trip. Once you send in your supporting documents, they will send you the money within 1-2 weeks.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 7:38 am

Many thanks - called the Cent Line, got transferred to someone who could help me open the claim. Nice and simple and details have been sent in.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by bizorbetter
I'll likely drop mine if they don't wow me this yr. I don't expect the AF to get covered in benefits but the difference is soooo slim right now i just don't see the point anymore. And i'm a long time holder
Me too. I've had the card for 5 years now, and I see very little real value over the Platinum card. I'll need a good reason not to switch to Plat by the time my annual fee is due in 2015.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Hmmm maybe this is Amex's way to reduce the number of cardholders out here. They won't take it away but if you decline to keep it, it works in their favor.

Then when the card becomes 'rare' they may increase the benefits again.

Who knows... its a business!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by FastSRT8
Hmmm maybe this is Amex's way to reduce the number of cardholders out here.
Are there good reasons for AMEX to think that there are too many Canadian Cents? They control the numbers after all, and I suspect the potential market for the card is fairly small in Canada.

Given the fees involved, a Canadian customer who drops the card because of lack of benefits is not likely to sign up again without a spectacular reason. So if AMEX Canada has something like your strategy in mind, I don't really understand it.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:17 am

So, word on the street (aka the who's received an invite 2015 Thread) is that there is a new benefit arriving this coming summer...anyone care to speculate?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:17 am

So, word on the street (aka the who's received an invite 2015 Thread) is that there is a new benefit arriving this coming summer...anyone care to speculate?
Air Canada status would be nice! lol
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Zhariak
Air Canada status would be nice! lol
It would be quite useless to me, and I would assume that most Canada-based Cent cardholders also already have some status with AC. Most of the useful benefits come with J fares anyway, and with the 2015 changes to the Altitude program, status below SE is not really worth having.

I would be quite surprised if AC allows SE status to be a Cent card benefit, and it would not go down well with existing elites.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by antirealist
It would be quite useless to me, and I would assume that most Canada-based Cent cardholders also already have some status with AC. Most of the useful benefits come with J fares anyway, and with the 2015 changes to the Altitude program, status below SE is not really worth having.

I would be quite surprised if AC allows SE status to be a Cent card benefit, and it would not go down well with existing elites.
Actually to be honest, with the massive discounts we get with WestJet, I haven't flown Air Canada in over a year. I don't do it to pinch pennies, but Centurion travel books it for me since it's always hundreds less then the equiv with Air Canada. If I had perks with AC I'd consider paying the extra fair, but until then...

And hey, I'm one of those Canada card holders that don't have status with AC :P
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by antirealist
I would be quite surprised if AC allows SE status to be a Cent card benefit
No kidding - P25K would be about the most they would give...

Has anyone received a renewed MLL Card lately?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott

my renewed MLL card came in October.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
why do you want it? The benefits are marginal at best and certainly not worth the AF and initiation fee.
I work in media and do a lot of business in LA and other circles where business associates of mine all have Centurion cards. There is something to be said about the "status" that the card carries. Not everyone will agree but I see a benefit in that.

Having said that...I've had my Platinum for 1 year and spent $1.8 Million so far...with a credit score well in the 800's and have lots of 1st class travel FHR hotels and luxury purchases and still no invite.

I've called them twice and both times I was transferred to someone from the Centurion services and they told me that I had be a member for a minimum of 1 year after which I should see an invite. My 1 year anniversary is now so let's see if I get it...but I'm certainly not holding my breath. I thought with a $1.8M spend in less than a year I would see an invite!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion

As a Canadian I can honestly say AC is a joke.

The sad part is they can be!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Prem;DELTA gold;AMEX Cent;AC P;SPG gold;AVIS PC;Hertz gold,Fairmont Plat,HH Diamond,R&C 5C
Originally Posted by Zhariak

I'm one of those Canada card holders that don't have status with AC :P
Was an SE, but with AC doing everything in its power to avoid good customer service, I have no statues. And I get better service with other Airlines.

SO join the club, so to speak
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:16 am

10% Off an economy ticket to Europe...let's hope this wasn't the big perk of the year.

10% off a Bizo ticket would be a more appropriate target offer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.