Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by Zhariak
Just go for it man, get them to transfer you. They'll "note" you account.

While they may not send you an invite right away, they'll note that you're interested.

I'd bet they'll monitor you account, types of spending, etc...

I could be wrong, but I think there is more then they look at other than net worth, and spending habits. But I'm not getting in to that.

Just have them note you're interested... Better that they start monitoring your account now, then later!

And actually one other interesting note.

Before I had my cent card, I never saw one, or knew of anyone that had one (with the exception of some American dude who's not worth mentioning, lol.).

All of a sudden I'm meeting Canadian Cent holders left, right, and center. It's weird! And they aren't even new invites, they are long time cent holders without the chips in their cards! They are actually surprised mine is chipped!
Mine's not chipped and I kind on want to keep it that way! A more classic look

What Province in Canada are you at? East coast or West?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by FastSRT8
Mine's not chipped and I kind on want to keep it that way! A more classic look

What Province in Canada are you at? East coast or West?
I understand what you're saying,

In all honesty the chip doesn't bug me. On top of that, I like that the magnetic strip isn't being used (for security reasons) most of the time.

I'm in Alberta, Calgary in particular.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Power55
Very annoyed with Amex. I've had a card since 1990, and a Centurion since it was issued in Canada. I'm moving to the US next month and called to use Global Transfer and was told they the US people would have to review my account for eligibility. They reviewed and told me that I don't qualify. I probably spend something in the range of $150,000 and I see on some sites that they require $250,000 to get the card in the US now, but not a great way to treat members who have been paying their high fees despite deteriorating benefits for many years. I have a Private Banking Visa Infinite, but the benefits are lousy. I also had a US Citi Prestige and so far it seems pretty good. I may end up dumping AMEX and sticking with the Citi card.

I called Canadian customer service for help and was told that it's out of their hands, and they have had other unhappy Canadian Centurion members with the same issue. Any suggestions, or should I just dump the card?
I'm not sure if you are still following this and my apologies for not seeing this sooner. Don't listen to the Canadian Cent, get in touch with the US Cent. This process is done often but it takes a while. Just note you are interested and wait for their response/offer.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: Amex mr, spg, delta, aeroplan
Got mine last year and it's already chipped. Having the chipped card is way more stealth (whether u like it or not is personal preference) as it rarely leaves your hands now, just insert and pull it out like a debit card
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by isherlock
Got mine last year and it's already chipped. Having the chipped card is way more stealth (whether u like it or not is personal preference) as it rarely leaves your hands now, just insert and pull it out like a debit card
Just don't forget to pull out! :P
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I use the card for personal and business with a total of approximately $400K per year. For now my average would be around $40K/month. Not sure if the spending needs to be only personal for the high spend amount to be considered for Centurion membership?

I'm not expecting to get an invite based on how recent my Amex relationship is so was contemplating requesting a Centurion. I understand it's an invite only scenario but when I last spoke to someone at Amex they offered to transfer me to the Centurion team to discuss. I declined since I figured it was probably best to let some time and large activity pass before putting in an actual request?
why do you want it? The benefits are marginal at best and certainly not worth the AF and initiation fee.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:13 am

I saw the email that came through yesterday regarding TIFF....4 tickets for Niki Beach and 4 for the Foxcatcher after party. For an event as big as TIFF and the amount of functions that happen, this is all that Centurion could secure?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott Prem;DELTA gold;AMEX Cent;AC P;SPG gold;AVIS PC;Hertz gold,Fairmont Plat,HH Diamond,R&C 5C
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
I saw the email that came through yesterday regarding TIFF....4 tickets for Niki Beach and 4 for the Foxcatcher after party. For an event as big as TIFF and the amount of functions that happen, this is all that Centurion could secure?
There were others, but not advertised. For those who were interested and added to a wait list.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:17 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
The Centurin events are always last minute and spaces are limited.. Unless you are on your mobile and calling Amex within a minute of the email, it's probably gone.

Surprised that this one is free. Most cost quite a bit.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: AMX CENT
Originally Posted by ACfly
The Centurin events are always last minute and spaces are limited.. Unless you are on your mobile and calling Amex within a minute of the email, it's probably gone.

Surprised that this one is free. Most cost quite a bit.
All 8 packages (4 each event) apparently gone in 2 minutes.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 6:14 am

I had a look through my emails and just wanted to point out how things used to be with Centurions offerings around TIFF. A depletion timeline if you will...

Sept 1, 2011:

ANNUAL CANADIAN FILMMAKERS PARTY at the Spoke Club. 30 packages (Member/Guest per package)

FESTIVAL AFTER-PARTY SERIES at the Spoke Club - Sept 8 - 10, 30 packages (Member/Guest per package)

August 30, 2013
GALA EVENING IN HONOUR OF DAME MAGGIE SMITH - Four Packages available at a cost of $3,000 for two people.

AWARD GALA IN HONOUR OF JAMES EARL JONES - Two Packages available at a cost of $3,800 for two people.

INSTYLE Fesitval Party - 1 Package available at a cost of $10,600 for two people.

Theatrical Life of Garth Drabinsky - Two packages available at a cost of $3,000 for two people.

Festival Music House - 3 different nights, 12 packages per night at a cost of $250 for two people.

August 30, 2012
Nikki Beach
Thursday, September 5, 2013 - Sunday, September 8, 2013. Cardmembers will continue to have access to The Spoke Club up until Sunday, September 15, 2013.

This is just basically getting access to the Spoke Club during TIFF. There was also Dinner Reservations available and Bottle Service Access also.

GALA FILM SCREENINGS & OTHER FILM PREMIERES - Total of Ninety (90) tickets available for purchase. Sixty (60) tickets available for Gala Screenings and thirty (30) tickets available for Regular Film Screenings. Cost is $45/$23.50

Last edited by yyz-kin; Sep 5, 2014 at 6:39 am Reason: Found the other emails....
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:30 am

When I log into the Cent website, I see the letters AC to the right hand side of my name. Anyone else seeing something like this?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: Amex Cent, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
When I log into the Cent website, I see the letters AC to the right hand side of my name. Anyone else seeing something like this?
Nope. I see my points to the right of my name.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
why do you want it? The benefits are marginal at best and certainly not worth the AF and initiation fee.
I am starting to agree....sadly

I'll likely drop mine if they don't wow me this yr. I don't expect the AF to get covered in benefits but the difference is soooo slim right now i just don't see the point anymore. And i'm a long time holder
Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:27 pm

Flight Cancelled Insurance Query

JUst wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to claim expenses for a flight that was cancelled and had to overnight somewhere? Just hoping to get some feedback on how easy the process is and what you claimed for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.