Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Centurion (2008 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: CENTURION, SPG-Gold, HH-Diamond, ANA-SFC, JAL-JGC, MX-Diamond, LHW Access, CLUB 5C, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jgsx
What countries offer SPG Platinum or HH Diamond for Centurion? I'm not aware of any.
Hi all,
As you know, all CENT members offer SPG GOLD and HH GOLD VIP memberships. Not SPG Plat, HH Diamond.
The CLUB 5C membership of R&C was presented in US CENT.
If this membership is presented, Canada CENT is excellent, I think.
CLUB 5C membership is really great!

Thanks,
masahiro
Old Dec 23, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Virgin, Starwood, RBC Awards, Air Miles, OneWorld
Spending pattern to be eligible for the Centurion?

Hey there,

Anyone know what sort of annual spending amount is required for Amex to be tempted to send you a Centurion application?

Cheers,
PS
Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:42 am
Original Poster

I will try to do a comparison between what I am offered here and the C card's in other countries so when I phone next week for more details I will have a bit more insight into the differences and can ask why the Cdn card doesn't include things that are available elsewhere. I will also compare the Cdn C card benefits with my existing Platinum benefits before I phone.

I see that there is a current thread with changes to the UK card that I could use.
Any one have details of other countries' C cards so I can compare?
Old Dec 24, 2008, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by MrCA
I will try to do a comparison between what I am offered here and the C card's in other countries so when I phone next week for more details I will have a bit more insight into the differences and can ask why the Cdn card doesn't include things that are available elsewhere. I will also compare the Cdn C card benefits with my existing Platinum benefits before I phone.

I see that there is a current thread with changes to the UK card that I could use.
When you call, you should drop a "Hey I know this guy, on these forums, and he needs an invite too! Hook em up!" hahahah

joking.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by MrCA

In Saudi Arabia they introduced the C card recently ( like just 4 weeks ago)

my uncle got the invetation, the invetation state that if you are interested call us and they will make a visit to his office. anyhow, they came, explained the card features and he accepted the card. there is no initiation fees but the annual fee is $US 3000

he got the Hilton Gold, IC platinum but no Starwood card.

i will post the full details when i see him in 2 months.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC *E
Picture in today's paper of the hoi polloi enjoying a recent black tie reception thrown by Amex to celebrate the new Canadian Black Card. Hmmmm, my invitation must have got held up in the mail.....
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by ohcanada
...hoi polloi enjoying a recent black tie reception...
That ancient Greek expression does not mean what you think it does.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by antirealist
It might if he was richer than Croesus.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 8:40 am

Anyone have any additional info the Canadian card? do you get 1.5 aeroplan miles for every $1 spent?

thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
US Plat Upgrade perhaps?

I hope there will be an upgrade in US Plat card benefits given the demise the much loved 2:1 Domestic airfare program that I only had a chance to use once
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC *E
Originally Posted by antirealist
It was meant sarcastically.....
Old Feb 16, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by totti
SPG Plat is gone in Germany - you get only Gold now, not sure about HH but I always thought its HH Gold and you only get it for one year.
Since I still have my German Centurion card:

SPG Gold and HH Gold, both indefinitely

Used to be SPG Platinum, but no more. I think that the Centurion benefits are wearing rather thin at the current 1000 Euro/year price tag (roughly $1600 Canadian) that they charge in Germany - and I didn't have to pay any initiation fee. No way that I would ever fork over $7,500 for the Canadian Centurion package.
Old May 17, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
any more feedback on this card?
Old May 21, 2009, 9:34 am

Canadian Centurion

Hello All - has anyone taken AMEX up on their offer for the Canadian Centurion? I am still on the fence about this one and would like to hear some experiences and justifications.....thanks!
Old May 21, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Hello All - has anyone taken AMEX up on their offer for the Canadian Centurion? I am still on the fence about this one and would like to hear some experiences and justifications.....thanks!
Just read the (very many) reviews in the thread dedicated to the Canadian Centurion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.