Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airport lounge access w/ Platinum card, including Delta & Centurion [2009-2014].

Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: maradori
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All American Express Centurion and Platinum cards provide access to:

• Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. (Currently BWI, CLE, JFK-T5, SAN)
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)
Current international locations: EZE, CGH, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY
Current USA locations: LGA, LAS, DFW, and SFO.
Future USA locations: , MIA
Access to AA and US lounges has ended as of March 22, 2014. Please click HERE to discuss in a dedicated thread.

Cards issued in USA also include:

• Priority Pass Select which includes AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but specifically excludes all UA lounges. The Wikipost of the primary Priority Pass thread includes a list of the two dozen Priority Pass lounges located in the USA.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an airline club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:

• Full Priority Pass which includes AS and UA lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but there is no $200 Airline Fee Credit.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL will no longer accept guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
In general, Priority Pass access includes only the cardholder. Guests are $27 each per visit.
Print Wikipost

Airport lounge access w/ Platinum card, including Delta & Centurion [2009-2014].

Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond MM Hyatt Plat Starwoods SPG

I'll be flying KLM/NWA next week. Will I be able to access the KLM lounge using my Amex Plat. card in AMS. and Barcelona? Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2009, 7:31 pm

No. There is no Northwest WorldClub lounge in Amsterdam nor in Barcelona.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:23 am
Original Poster

KLM Lounge

Any chance the Amex Plat will be honored at the KLM club, as AMS would have one?
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Denzoo
Any chance the Amex Plat will be honored at the KLM club, as AMS would have one?
Completely forgot to ask you.... Are you an US Amex Platinum cardmember?
Old Feb 1, 2009, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

US Amex card order

Yes. Is the Plat. card only good for domestic lounge access?
Old Feb 1, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
There doesn't seem to be a listing for Amsterdam...

https://www143.americanexpress.com/c..._c&benefitId=1
Old Feb 1, 2009, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Denzoo
Yes. Is the Plat. card only good for domestic lounge access?
No, but you need to be flying Delta, Northwest, Continental or American. Then you can access its respective lounge only. On the other side, many international card holders get access to Priority Pass membership which gives them access to over 500 lounges throughout the world and it does not matter what airline you are flying.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 7:00 pm

Here is what it says on amex website:
"Receive complimentary access to participating American Airlines Admirals Club®, Continental Airlines Presidents Club, Delta Crown Room Club®, and Northwest Airlines WorldClubs® locations in airports around the world.1 Simply present the club agent with your Platinum Card, your ticket valid for same day travel on the corresponding airline that is operating the flight, and a government issued ID. Your spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, may join you as guests in the club room."
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:03 pm

I always wonder when the NW/DL agent swipe your card for lounge access,what does show on the computer screen.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:50 pm

whenever i've used my card for lounge access they've never actually swiped my card.

They just look at the card and the ticket and that's it
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jksheikh
whenever i've used my card for lounge access they've never actually swiped my card.

They just look at the card and the ticket and that's it
My card is swiped every single time - are there specific airports you've noticed this at?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by star_world
My card is swiped every single time - are there specific airports you've noticed this at?
Or specific airlines. For example, I pretty much exclusively use my card for AA Admirals club access. So far they have swiped my card 100% of the time, no matter the airport. Perhaps a few of the other airlines do not swipe...

Regards
Old Feb 2, 2009, 6:47 am

My card gets swiped 100% of the time at CO and DL lounges.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Amex Gold, Business Plat, Simply cash,
Are family members allowed access in the lounges with the Platinum Card?
Old Feb 2, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
Yes you are allowed 2 guests.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.