Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airport lounge access w/ Platinum card, including Delta & Centurion [2009-2014].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: maradori
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All American Express Centurion and Platinum cards provide access to:

• Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. (Currently BWI, CLE, JFK-T5, SAN)
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)
Current international locations: EZE, CGH, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY
Current USA locations: LGA, LAS, DFW, and SFO.
Future USA locations: , MIA
Access to AA and US lounges has ended as of March 22, 2014. Please click HERE to discuss in a dedicated thread.

Cards issued in USA also include:

• Priority Pass Select which includes AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but specifically excludes all UA lounges. The Wikipost of the primary Priority Pass thread includes a list of the two dozen Priority Pass lounges located in the USA.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an airline club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:

• Full Priority Pass which includes AS and UA lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but there is no $200 Airline Fee Credit.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL will no longer accept guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
In general, Priority Pass access includes only the cardholder. Guests are $27 each per visit.
Print Wikipost

Airport lounge access w/ Platinum card, including Delta & Centurion [2009-2014].

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:04 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Happy
But the Priority Pass does not allow guest. Friend said he accessed with his US Plat and brought in his wife and daughter at YYZ. Shouldn't the reception desk would make sure it is the correct Plat card that has such benefits?
Yeah, I just figured it out. Here is a pdf with lounge access info. So I could have just used my platinum card instead of priority pass in YYC.

There is also this.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by United747
There is also this.
The terms of that brochure specify cards issued in Hong Kong.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:15 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mia
The terms of that brochure specify cards issued in Hong Kong.
Sorry, it was late. Good catch.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:36 am

Airport lounge access with Platinum charge card, including Delta & Centurion lounges.

There is also an American Express Lounge at Vienna Airport for cardmembers starting with a Gold Card.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Traveling in economy in all flights. Will Amex Plat gain access to the following:

IAH-ATL-CDG (lounge in ATL) when IAH-ATL is on DL metal and ATL-CDG on AF metal? (Same on return)

Arrivals Lounge at CDG

Any departure lounge at CDG

If CDG is out w/ Amex Plat, is there a PP lounge I can use?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Can one access the New Delhi India AMEX lounge with a non-Indian AMEX Platinum or Centurion card? In my case, I have a Canadian AMEX Platinum card.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:10 am
mia

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Will Amex Plat gain access to the following:
Delta has a lounge access tool here:

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...Request.action

Check only the box: Platinum Card® Members from American Express

Priority Pass lounge access tool here:

http://www.prioritypass.com/
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Delta has a lounge access tool here:

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...Request.action

Check only the box: Platinum Card® Members from American Express

Priority Pass lounge access tool here:

http://www.prioritypass.com/
I couldn't find it on the link. Can a Plat Card holder bring in a guest to a Delta Lounge?

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:32 am
mia

Delta charges a fee for guests, see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2014-a.html
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by elkhornne
I couldn't find it on the link. Can a Plat Card holder bring in a guest to a Delta Lounge?

Thanks
$29 per guest, even spouse/kids.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Can one access the New Delhi India AMEX lounge with a non-Indian AMEX Platinum or Centurion card? In my case, I have a Canadian AMEX Platinum card.
Yes, I have done this several times with a US card.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Question about ORD lounges and family

Looking to book cheap flight, and it will leave me and my family with 5 hour layover in ORD. What is best (free?) way to get all of us into ANY ORD lounge? I have applied for canadian-issued Amex Plat (I know I will be approved), and have no airline status of any kind.

Forgot to mention: the flight with long layover is AA.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, AA Plat Pro, DL Gold, UA*S, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Lazarev
Looking to book cheap flight, and it will leave me and my family with 5 hour layover in ORD. What is best (free?) way to get all of us into ANY ORD lounge? I have applied for canadian-issued Amex Plat (I know I will be approved), and have no airline status of any kind.

Forgot to mention: the flight with long layover is AA.
I think you're SOL if you're on AA, as they left the AmEx Plat lounge program last year. Only DL remains, and it requires you be traveling same-day on Delta and will charge you $29 per guest. If the Canadian Plat comes with Priority Pass membership, apply for that ASAP through Platinum customer service (as it's a separate card that'll be mailed to you), and that might get you into the United Clubs, as I don't think the Priority Pass Select restriction applies to Canadian cards, though you'll be billed $27 per person (including yourself) to get in.

Honestly, if you're willing to pay, I'd just get a $100 30-day Admirals Club pass, which should cover you and your family in both directions, assuming when you say you're traveling with your family you mean just spouse and under-18 kids. (You can buy the 30-day pass in the lounge; no need to do so now. You might even get to pay in CAD if you do it at the YYZ AC.)

Last edited by Rus925; Sep 22, 2014 at 4:47 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:06 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Rus925
... Priority Pass membership, apply for that ASAP through Platinum customer service (as it's a separate card that'll be mailed to you), and that might get you into the United Clubs, ...
Priority Pass memberships bundled with American Express cards issued outside the USA include access to United Clubs.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Uh... too many small prints... Amex claims:
For complimentary entry, simply present your
Priority Pass membership card (which you will receive after you enroll) and a
ticket valid for travel on that day on any airline, regardless of class of
service. If you’re travelling with a guest, he or she may accompany you free
of charge. For each additional guest, a nominal fee of $27 USD per person
per visit will be charged to your Platinum Card.
But, looking at priority pass website, guests are not free:

8. What is your policy for taking guests into a lounge?
You can invite friends or guests to join you in a lounge. Most lounges will
allow any number of guests but where there are limits, details are shown in
the Lounge Directory and via the lounge search functionality on the website.
Guests are charged at the prevailing rate of £15/€24/US$27 each.
So, am I paying 2x$27 (for my kids, both kids are 8-11) or am I paying 3x$27 (husband + kids)? What takes precedence when the fine print does not match? Should I be a_al and print out Amex fine print and show it to lounge reception? Like that is going to make any difference...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.