Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airport lounge access w/ Platinum card, including Delta & Centurion [2009-2014].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 4, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: maradori
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All American Express Centurion and Platinum cards provide access to:

• Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. (Currently BWI, CLE, JFK-T5, SAN)
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)
Current international locations: EZE, CGH, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY
Current USA locations: LGA, LAS, DFW, and SFO.
Future USA locations: , MIA
Access to AA and US lounges has ended as of March 22, 2014. Please click HERE to discuss in a dedicated thread.

Cards issued in USA also include:

• Priority Pass Select which includes AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but specifically excludes all UA lounges. The Wikipost of the primary Priority Pass thread includes a list of the two dozen Priority Pass lounges located in the USA.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an airline club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:

• Full Priority Pass which includes AS and UA lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but there is no $200 Airline Fee Credit.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL will no longer accept guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
In general, Priority Pass access includes only the cardholder. Guests are $27 each per visit.
Print Wikipost

Airport lounge access w/ Platinum card, including Delta & Centurion [2009-2014].

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 10:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Every club that you can enter with the Platinum card is listed here:

https://www295.americanexpress.com/c..._c&benefitId=1

The Platinum Card itself is valid for admission to AA, CO, DL and US lounges, and there are none in Australia or New Zealand. Why? These airlines do not have sufficient presence in those markets to warrant their own lounges. Instead, they have reciprocal arrangements with other airlines, but the Platinum Card does not include partner lounges.
Old May 6, 2011, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Looks like Amex Plats/Cents get free access to the only lounge at BWI D. ...and this one includes a free meal, among other things:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42929775
Old May 6, 2011, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Looks like Amex Plats/Cents get free access to the only lounge at BWI D. ...and this one includes a free meal, among other things:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42929775
Being discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post16341375

I think it is a nice perk for Amex Platinum, because there is no other lounge at BWI.
Old May 7, 2011, 12:59 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

This is excellent news! To finally have a lounge at BWI is invaluable. Plus, I can use it when I fly a multitude of airlines. In addition this hopefully sets Airspace up for long time success by having this partnership!

FDW
Old May 7, 2011, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Being discussed here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post16341375

I think it is a nice perk for Amex Platinum, because there is no other lounge at BWI.
But it's only good until October, right? when Priority Pass Select loses access to those clubs, then we'll be back to no lounge in BWI.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:59 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
But it's only good until October, right? when Priority Pass Select loses access to those clubs, then we'll be back to no lounge in BWI.
Hello Amex community. We're happy to have you as a part of Airspace Lounge.

Thankfully, FlyMeToTheLooneyBin, your post is incorrect...
Present your American Express Platinum or Centurion card and you will be granted access now, in October and beyond.

American Express Platinum and Centurion holders are also allowed two complimentary guests.

You and your guests will all enjoy a complimentary meal, Peet's coffee, soft drinks, free wireless internet, free use of PCs/Macs, access to printing and access to our upscale bar, etc. So even when you are arriving at BWI (not just departing), stop by and pick up a free substantial sandwich to-go and perhaps use our separate restrooms.

As much as we want you to enjoy our unique product offering, more than anything else we hope you enjoy the look and feel of the lounges we are creating.
Old May 7, 2011, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by AirspaceOnFT
Hello Amex community. We're happy to have you as a part of Airspace Lounge.

Thankfully, FlyMeToTheLooneyBin, your post is incorrect...
Present your American Express Platinum or Centurion card and you will be granted access now, in October and beyond.

American Express Platinum and Centurion holders are also allowed two complimentary guests.

You and your guests will all enjoy a complimentary meal, Peet's coffee, soft drinks, free wireless internet, free use of PCs/Macs, access to printing and access to our upscale bar, etc. So even when you are arriving at BWI (not just departing), stop by and pick up a free substantial sandwich to-go and perhaps use our separate restrooms.

As much as we want you to enjoy our unique product offering, more than anything else we hope you enjoy the look and feel of the lounges we are creating.
Thank you for correcting me on this! I thought it was an RCC. I'm happy to be wrong in this case. I fly to BWI enough times to have felt the lack of a lounge.

I hope to visit it sometime in the coming months.
Old May 19, 2011, 6:52 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Thank you for correcting me on this! I thought it was an RCC. I'm happy to be wrong in this case. I fly to BWI enough times to have felt the lack of a lounge.

I hope to visit it sometime in the coming months.
I haven't gone yet either but there's a trip report on the UA thread with pics.. looks nice!

FDW
Old May 19, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Iiiiinteresting. Hoping Airspace has plans to open up a lounge in IAH after CO gives all us AmEx plats the boot from their 17.4 lounges in that airport!
Old May 22, 2011, 6:18 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by Jake Gittes
Iiiiinteresting. Hoping Airspace has plans to open up a lounge in IAH after CO gives all us AmEx plats the boot from their 17.4 lounges in that airport!
Be sure to visit us at BWI. We love IAH and hope to be there in the not-too-distant future....but we have no announcements on our next location(s) yet. So many airports to get to, so little time!
Old May 22, 2011, 4:07 pm

Regarding the Platinum Access:

Your Spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, may join you
I interpret this as "I can guest 2 friends that have no relation to me but are my 'companions'... correct?
Old May 22, 2011, 4:49 pm
mia

Originally Posted by infamousdx
...I can guest 2 friends...
Correct. Note that this applies only to the AA, CO, DL and US lounges which you enter by presenting the Platinum Card. Lounges entered with Priority Pass are subject to Priority Pass's rules which generally stipulate $27 per guest.
Old May 30, 2011, 4:52 am

Platinum Amex turned away at the AA lounge and humiliated...what to do/prevent?

i am an American Airlines gold member. I got a Platinum Amex and attempted to go to the AA lounge at CDG in Paris. Because my flight was technically a BA flight number (although there was a codeshare with AA), I was turned away at the lounge.

They called AA and it took about an hour to verify (no kidding). I got all kinds of answers as to why I was turned away, but in the end, after standing there and hassling with them for an hour, they made me leave.

So, I called Amex, who says that this should never have happened.

But how do I prevent it from happening in the future?

Should I have gotten access?

I got the card primarily for lounge access, and if it's not going to work, then I might as well cancel.
Old May 30, 2011, 5:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyingdervish
Because my flight was technically a BA flight number (although there was a codeshare with AA), I was turned away at the lounge.
I am confused by this statement - were you on a BA flight with an AA number? Or an AA flight with a BA number? In the terms and conditions, the following is said about codeshares:

Complimentary access is specifically for the airport club that corresponds to the airline operating the flight(access pertains to the aircraft, not the flight number)
So, if you were on a BA aircraft, it sounds like denying you access was correct. If you were on an AA aircraft, then it sounds like they unfairly denied you access.

Have you not gotten the Priority Pass Select Membership or were there no Priority Pass lounges near the gate?
Old May 30, 2011, 5:36 am
mia

To be sure we understand correctly, you were ticketed on a BA flight which was physically operated by AA, and the lounge is an Admirals Club which you attempted to enter prior to departure? (AA also operates arrival lounges which are not Admirals Clubs.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.