Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum/Centurion lounge list of airports?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:04 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Platinum/Centurion lounge list of airports?

I was in Mexico City and saw TWO American Express Centurion/Platinum lounges. These were dedicated for AMEX members. I have not been able to find any reference to these on the amex web site in the benefits of the cards. The only airport lounges they mention are for the airlines (AA, DL, CO, NW).

Does anyone have a list or source of info about these?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Those lounges are often targeted at local card-holders. I know that access to the AmEx lounge in IST (which is actually a 3rd party lounge that AmEx has a contract with) is restricted to only to Turkish AmEx members.

There is some more information in this thread and this one.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, American Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite
Somewhere on Amex's Mexican site there is a list. The only other one I know of (and been in) is in the Monterrey, MX airport.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, SQ Gold, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Diamond Amb, ALL Plus Plat
There are also lounges around Asia accepting local Amex Plat and Cent, along with several other local credit cards.

Have not attempted to check whether Singapore Cent card as such would qualify in Taiwan or Korea etc., as Priority Pass has been fine with all of these (usually crappy) lounges.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
There is also one in Buenos Aires.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 4:13 pm

Priority Pass

European Platinum and Centurion card members become a Priority Pass membership (access to 500 airport lounges) .
Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:07 pm

There is one in Guadalajara as well. I also have not been able to find an official comprehensive list.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:16 pm

Everything about AMEX Lounges in Mexico

Hey guys! I'm from Mexico, and yes, we've got two AMEX lounges in Mexico City Intl. Airport, one is called "Salón Centurión" and only gold, platinum and centurion card memebers may access, it's located in the public area of the airport, it offers some drinks and pastries, as well as LCD cable tv, videogames, and newspapers. The other lounge is called "Platinum/Centurion lounge, only centurion and platinum card memebers may use this lounge (doesn't matter if the Amex card was not issued in Mexico) it offers premium alcoholic drinks and usual airport lounge services, the difference with the first lounge is that, on this one, EVERYTHING is free.
AMEX has this kind of lounges in Mexico, Monterrey, Sao Paulo and I think in Buenos Aires too.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
There is one in Toronto as well.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

2014 posts reviving this thread have been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...n-lounges.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.