Centurion Card Holders

Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Centurion Card Holders

For those who carry the American Express Centurion "Black" card. What Visa/MasterCard do you carry? And what would be the Visa/Mastercard equivalent to the Amex Black?

Thanks

Last edited by pepemaui; Dec 2, 2008 at 10:51 pm
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:38 pm

I use Visa Signature but Visa offers two levels higher( Infinite, and ?). The highest Visa card right now I imagine would be the the Barclay's Carbon Graphite Visa. But remember most other cards have failed including the White Card which included private jet time as the reward
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:41 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Primary: a chase/ua mp visa plat/signature.

How boring.

Almost everyone I know with a cent card has either the same as me or a citi/aa plat mc
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, LT Plat - 9mm, Bonvoy LF Titanium, Hyatt LT Globalist,
Same here. When it comes to MC the only real option is the citi aa plat. How else is one to get lifetime aa plat???
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pago2x
Same here. When it comes to MC the only real option is the citi aa plat. How else is one to get lifetime aa plat???
could you explain?
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:06 am

Programs: AA, AS, BA, DL Plat, Chase UR, Diners, UA, F9, WN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Amex MR.
AA and UA credit cards provide my supplements. DC too.

All AA miles count toward 1m lifetime gold or 2m lifetime plat.
Charge enough on your AA MC, and you can get lifetime plat without flying. There are a couple caveats regarding annual mileage limits if you don't have status.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 2:15 am
H99

Programs: centurion
I've just got a Barclays Connect Card, and also a BA Amex. I've not heard of the Graphite Card
Old Dec 3, 2008, 3:45 am

I dont have a Visa card
Old Dec 3, 2008, 5:19 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
I carry the Merrill Lynch + card. At a time when it is almost impossible to get standard airline rewards, I find I always get a great deal using the ML points to buy me a coach ticket. 25,000 points gets a ticket for up to $500 in value.

$20,000 spend per year and American Airlines will match status so thanks to Gold status thru Centurion, I've been AA Platinum for the last three years.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
I carry the Merrill+ card while I'm in the US and the PenFed Visa for overseas travel. If I'm going to China, I carry a Cap One MC.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:32 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Far from being near equal to cent but I carry a usaa mc for backup. No real benefits other then being backed by usaa which is a rather solid company that supports the military. Don't need/want any cent like benefits on it given I have a cent card and haven't had any probs with them.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

bump ,if you don't mind?

What is the best card to be upgraded to first class, while paying for coach?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by pepemaui
bump ,if you don't mind?

What is the best card to be upgraded to first class, while paying for coach?
Centurion is the only one that can do that, via its automatic elite status. Some other airline cards can help you get elite status by supplimenting your EQMs that you earn by flying.

To answer the original question, I didn't have *any* Visa/Mastercard credit card until last month, when I got the Virgin America Visa Signature. I had a debit Mastercard for places that didn't take Amex.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 4:01 am

I also carry the Merrill+ Visa as my back-up card. I rarely use it, but for the occasions when someplace doesn't take AmEx. The first year I had it, I managed to get to 2+ level for a free night at a Ritz-Carlton, but they removed that benefit. It's also free which is nice.

Susan
Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:42 am

I have a Visa Infinite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.