Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30% Skymiles Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Discplayer
OP thanks for post. Requested transfer from my Amex Plat today 11/4/08 and miles posted with 5 min. Still waiting on the 30% bonus miles 1 hour later however. Cheers
The 30% bonus can take 4-6 weeks to show up. Read the fine print.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL DM (Now Gold...)
Originally Posted by sbm12
The 30% bonus can take 4-6 weeks to show up. Read the fine print.
No, its says "Bonus miles will be posted one (1) week from the transfer receipt by Delta." So yes, it should take about a week but I was posting to let me know it does not always happen within the hour.

P.S. Still have not posted as of11/5/08 @ 8:32pm
Old Nov 6, 2008, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Discplayer
No, its says "Bonus miles will be posted one (1) week from the transfer receipt by Delta." So yes, it should take about a week but I was posting to let me know it does not always happen within the hour.

P.S. Still have not posted as of11/5/08 @ 8:32pm
Oops...

I was thinking of their other bonus for transferring miles, which has a longer delay. Sorry.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:40 am

Update miles posted on 11/7/08 to my skymiles account. So about 3 days for me. Cheers
Old Nov 10, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Seriously? I transferred on Oct 10th and still waiting for the 20% bonus.....
Old Nov 15, 2008, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by pitbrian
Seriously? I transferred on Oct 10th and still waiting for the 20% bonus.....
Seriously, I transferred miles tonight 11/14/08 for a different award ticket and it even posted faster, within the hour this time. I really like this delta bonus, no guessing when things will post.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
someone else's Amex?

Can my friend transfer from his AMEX to my DL so I get the bonus? If so, are there limits? Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by thebat
Can my friend transfer from his AMEX to my DL so I get the bonus? If so, are there limits? Thanks
Yes, the transfer happens through a "linked account". He links his MR to your DL and there ya go. I don't know if there are limits ex-MR, perhaps someone else can chime in. I don't think there are any limits, however.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: AC *E
Despite Delta's obvious issues, this is still pretty tempting. I've got about 200K MR points that would go a long way in SkyMiles with the bonus.

Does anyone have any final word on whether the 20% and 30% bonuses will both be applied to transfers if you registered for both?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 5:01 pm

I wonder if you can "point advance" to the max and then transfer and get the bonus on those too? I am in Knoxville, TN, so I can drive over to ATL if necessary to get reasonable redemption rates with Delta. Now that they have NWA merging in, I like the option of that Memphis hub coming into play when I fly West.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by Knox
I wonder if you can "point advance" to the max and then transfer and get the bonus on those too?
Yes, I did just that last week. The 30% bonus posted within an hour for me.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Knox
I wonder if you can "point advance" to the max and then transfer and get the bonus on those too? I am in Knoxville, TN, so I can drive over to ATL if necessary to get reasonable redemption rates with Delta. Now that they have NWA merging in, I like the option of that Memphis hub coming into play when I fly West.
Which will be great right up until Memphis gets de-hubbed.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Which will be great right up until Memphis gets de-hubbed.
Nah, consider the other hubs of JFK, Cinci, Minneapolis, Detroit. Now that is geographic redundancy. I don't see the Memphis hub going anywhere.

Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:39 pm

Has anyone who did the m/r transfer back when it was for the 20% bonus have their miles post yet? I transfered 240,000 back on Oct 11. Frustrated to see everyone getting 30% bonus now and their miles posting quickly too. I am not even sure who to call about the missing miles. The fine print said allow 4-6 weeks - which I did - now what?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by karfor
Has anyone who did the m/r transfer back when it was for the 20% bonus have their miles post yet? I transfered 240,000 back on Oct 11. Frustrated to see everyone getting 30% bonus now and their miles posting quickly too. I am not even sure who to call about the missing miles. The fine print said allow 4-6 weeks - which I did - now what?
I just sent them an email. I think you should as well, maybe you can ask for 30% since they made you wait this long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.