Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton No Fee Offer valid if holding higher card?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Hilton No Fee Offer valid if holding higher card?

I have the Hilton Surpass card with the $95 fee and have contemplated getting rid of it for a while, perhaps downgrading to the no-fee Hilton. I have an AmEx Centurion, so I'm Hilton Diamond via that card. The Surpass card no longer provides an annual free certificate without a minimum spend.

I just noticed that the no-fee Hilton has an offer of 130,000 bonus points (80,000 after a $1,000 spend within the first three months and another 50,000 after an additional $4,000 in the first six months). Seems like a no-brainer but wondering if there is any small print that would make me ineligible as an existing card holder.

What is the best way to apply to get the offer? Should I just apply to add this card and then cancel the Surpass card as a separate issue? My $95 fee hit at the end of October so I'm ok with just waiting to cancel it after I get the new card and qualify for the offer.

But does anything make me ineligible for the offer on the no-fee card? I've had the Surpass for a while (at least a few years) but I don't know exactly how long. I'm also unsure if there are any benefits that I'm missing if I drop it, given that I'm Diamond without it and rarely charge to it except when staying at a Hilton brand hotel (which has also been infrequent in recent years).
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
If you have not held the “no fee” previously you qualify for the bonus…if you can claw you $95 back for the surpass do it and cancel. I’m in AF hell with Amex myself so I can completely relate. That centurion 5k fee stings and not even a crappy Xmas gift this year that they’d run out off anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.