Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Old Apr 25, 2013, 9:01 am

For a data point, I submitted 10 receipts in one envelope, and was reimbursed in one check for all of them ($450 for passes bought through the United app). Now that it is one a month, I have been submitting for my wife and I together in one envelope and no problems yet.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:29 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
There is a new 2 month free trial with $100 Dining Dough. If you do not cancel you will be charged $199. If you mail a day pass in and cancel while it is being processed you will still receive the check.

The offer terms do not mention 1 per month, just 12 total per year....?

Code:
http://e.amexpub.com/amex40/c2.php?APNL/376381033/1677962/H/N/V/https://secure.customersvc.com/servlet/Show?WESPAGE=OrderPages/amex/cy/1203/order_1501.jsp&MSRSMAG=CY&MSCEKX=CYAB7D0
"YES! Please send my member materials for SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club and my FREE $100 Restaurant Certificate. By clicking SUBMIT FORM, I agree that: If I enjoy my 2 free months, and want to continue receiving the valuable benefits, I will do nothing and $199 will be billed to my card for the first year of club membership. If satisfied, I will receive continuous annual renewal at the then current rate, unless I call to cancel. All prices are subject to applicable sales tax. I may cancel my membership at any time, for any reason, by calling 1-800-365-4357 and receive a credit to my Credit Card for any unused months of my club membership term – GUARANTEED!"

Last year I bought an AA pass online and was reimbursed properly. I mailed the SkyGuide form with a copy of the online pass I purchased via certified mail. On the SkyGuide form I filled out bogus information where it asks for airport where it was used and date. I received my check a few weeks after mailing it. AA passes are non-transferrable. SkyGuide says the pass must have your name on it so a generic club pass may not be reimbursed. Some may have experience getting transferrable passes (ie nameless) reimbursed, do your dirty work.

Last edited by caGALINDO; May 1, 2013 at 9:27 pm
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:31 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
There is a new 2 month free trial with $100 Dining Dough. If you do not cancel you will be charged $199. If you mail a day pass in and cancel while it is being processed you will still receive the check.

The offer terms do not mention 1 per month, just 12 total per year....?

Code:
http://e.amexpub.com/amex40/c2.php?APNL/376381033/1677962/H/N/V/https://secure.customersvc.com/servlet/Show?WESPAGE=OrderPages/amex/cy/1203/order_1501.jsp&MSRSMAG=CY&MSCEKX=CYAB7D0
"YES! Please send my member materials for SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club and my FREE $100 Restaurant Certificate. By clicking SUBMIT FORM, I agree that: If I enjoy my 2 free months, and want to continue receiving the valuable benefits, I will do nothing and $199 will be billed to my card for the first year of club membership. If satisfied, I will receive continuous annual renewal at the then current rate, unless I call to cancel. All prices are subject to applicable sales tax. I may cancel my membership at any time, for any reason, by calling 1-800-365-4357 and receive a credit to my Credit Card for any unused months of my club membership term – GUARANTEED!"

thanks for finding this, but the 1 per month is on the main website correct?

is this rest.com cert? then i think u are better off with 50%off of 35 then 50% off of 100 or not using any cert at all. also i think that the rest.com cert rules have changed, or are soo narrow as to make it more of a scam now?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
The $20 annual membership is a much better deal. We will just see what the renewal rate will be.
Old May 5, 2013, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by freakflyer
The $20 annual membership is a much better deal. We will just see what the renewal rate will be.
What is this $20 annual membership you speak of?

Also...

Can someone break this down for a noob like me?

So You get the two month free trial?

You can redeem 1 per month? For a total of 2?

Which lounges participate in this trial? Which is the best one?

Is there a way you can time it where you can use 2 passes on one date (instead of one in each month)?

Thank you for all who answer. I want to treat my girlfriend to an airline lounge for the first time on our anniversary trip in July. So was wonder if this was a good way to get lounge access.

Last edited by mia; May 5, 2013 at 8:05 pm
Old May 5, 2013, 8:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AKOG
Which lounges participate in this trial?
No lounges "participate". You can enter any lounge which sells passes for individual days or visits, submit the receipts, and receive reimbursement. The lounge knows nothing about this program. If you purchase two subscriptions, one in your name and one in your girlfriend's name, you would be able to submit two receipts for the same day, one for each subscription.

No one can tell you the "best" lounges if we do not know the airports you will be using and the airlines you will be flying. Some airports have no lounges, some have none which sell day passes, others have many, but they may not be convenient for the airline you will be using.
Old May 5, 2013, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by mia
No lounges "participate". You can enter any lounge which sells passes for individual days or visits, submit the receipts, and receive reimbursement. The lounge knows nothing about this program. If you purchase two subscriptions, one in your name and one in your girlfriend's name, you would be able to submit two receipts for the same day, one for each subscription.

No one can tell you the "best" lounges if we do not know the airports you will be using and the airlines you will be flying. Some airports have no lounges, some have none which sell day passes, others have many, but they may not be convenient for the airline you will be using.
Okay, I'll be in San Diego, Denver, Seattle, and Buffalo.

For my locations, which from everyone's experience are the best in your opinions? That sell day passes...?

Also is there a link for this $20 annual membership offer that others speak of?

Thank you all!
Old May 5, 2013, 8:51 pm
mia

Okay, I'll be in San Diego, Denver, Seattle, and Buffalo.
Which airline(s) will you be flying?
Old May 6, 2013, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by mia
Which airline(s) will you be flying?
Southwest probably.

I thought it didn't matter which airline you flew on? and you could just buy passes to whatever lounge you wanted to go to? Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Old May 6, 2013, 7:40 am
mia

...didn't matter which airline you flew on? and you could just buy passes to whatever lounge you wanted to go to? ,
Correct, but you will want to use lounges that are convenient to the gates used by the airline(s) you are flying.

Let's look at San Diego.

This page shows that Southwest uses Terminal 1:

http://www.san.org/sdia/flights/airlines.aspx

This page shows that there are three lounges at the airport. We can probably eliminate American Airlines and Delta which are located in Terminal 2, and that leaves only the United Airlines lounge in Terminal 1.

http://www.san.org/sdia/at_the_airport/lounges.aspx

You can see a map of Terminal 1 here:

http://12.69.234.17/SANmap/index.htm...=config-T1.xml

It appears that Southwest uses the low numbered gates (1-10), while United uses the higher numbered gates (11-18). I have never been to this airport, but I speculate that the United Club is located near the gates they use.

I leave it to you to perform similar research for the other airports on your itinerary.
Old May 6, 2013, 4:18 pm

So here is my predicament...

I want to try this lounge trial. I want to go with my brother to a lounge while we are at the MCI (kansas city, MO) on a layover on May 22nd. I also want to take my girlfriend to lounge as well while we are on a trip (date TBD) in July.

Is there a way to make both of these happen? Bad part is that they are 3 months apart (may & july) and this trial is for only 2 months.

Is there a way to purchase a one day pass for May (with my brother) and then buy another in June but save it for use in July (with my Girlfriend). Is this possible? Is there names most of time on these one day passes or are there expiration dates?

Like I said, I now am trying to find a lounge near southwest at MCI (Kansas City) airport. Do you have any ideas on a good lounge to visit that has day passes?

Thanks mod for helping me with my problems!
Old May 8, 2013, 12:35 am

The only lounge I found in the Southwest terminal was Delta Crown Room Club...

Is this not the same as the Delta Sky Lounge? Can a one day pass be bought for the Delta Crown Room Club with this trial?
Old May 8, 2013, 1:35 am

Apparently there are no lounges in the Kansas City airport...

They all must have closed down...

Last edited by AKOG; May 8, 2013 at 1:42 am
Old May 8, 2013, 7:49 am
mia

Is this not the same as the Delta Sky Lounge? Can a one day pass be bought for the Delta Crown Room Club with this trial?
Delta Crown Room is the previous name of the Delta Sky Clubs. The website you looked at has simply not been updated.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:18 pm

Just a data point: Just signed up for SkyGuide via the $19 link. Didn't get an email or anything, but went to the manage membership page (https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...jsp&MSRSMAG=CY), and input my information and it showed my account number. Time between signing up and logging in was under half an hour.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.