Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR - Have to pay with Centurion/Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 2:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Can you book through fhr and pay at hotel with spg amex?

I was looking to stay at a fhr property to get the perks but pay with spg plat card is this possible. Would like to try this at spg properties especially to get the 4 points for each dollar spent . I am looking to maximise the the use of spg amex card and all sugestions are welcome.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:31 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
What is fhr?
Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
Originally Posted by goingsomewhere
What is fhr?
Fine Hotels & Resorts...hotel programs available to Amex Plat/Cent cardholders thru Platinum Travel Service (PTS).

I don't see why a different card can't be used at check-out (assuming the Amex Plat/Cent card was provided at check-in). At that point, you've already taken advantage of the perks.

Now I wonder if Amex and PTS gather data to determine how FHR reservations are paid.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Assuming you do also have the Platinum charge card it would appear that you can do this...

"In order to receive Fine Hotels & Resorts program amenities and rates, reservations must be made through Platinum Travel Service and payment must be made using an American Express® Card in the Platinum Card® member’s name."

dennis
Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
I have heard of people having trouble putting their FHR stay on a Visa/Mastercard. Apparently the agent at the desk said that a Platinum Card was required since it was booked under the FHR program. But the agent finally agreed to put it on a V/MC after some conversation.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:58 am

The Answer Is Yes

YES you may use ANY amex card to pay for your FHR booking and it is against the rules to use visa/mc.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I have always been able to pay with my BA Amex. Let's be frank - Amex gets the same commission either way so I doubt they mind.

Once I even got away with (non-Amex) Travellers Cheques, but I agree that most hotels enforce the rules.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:40 am

Obligated to also pay using Amex Plat after booking FHR?

I realize that you must use PTS and your Plat Amex to reserve an FHR property, but once you check in, are you also obligated to pay with the plat card? Has anyone tried paying with a non-plat amex after booking an FHR with PTS?
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:12 pm

No. ANY Amex Card is fine.

You are specificly allow to pay with any ANY Amex card product that you choose.

This is clearly stated in the terms and conditions.

But, you are suppose to pay with Amex., not Mastercard , Visa or cash.
other posters have reported diffuculty, aruguments when trying that.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 3:33 pm

Ah yes, thank you. For some reason I didn't catch that in the T&Cs.

I've gone back and re-read it and it is quite clear. Cheers.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 6:53 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Having checked in with a Centurion, I've often paid with Mastercard. Most hotels don't mind.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:35 am

Payment for FHR reservation

I was reading the fine print for the FHR program and found the following verbage:

"In order to receive FH&R program amenities and rates, reservations must be made through PTS. Payment must be made with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card member's name."

So does that mean I can give my other amex card (not my amex platinum card) to check in and pay for the FHR stay if I want to? I'm just curious about that.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
Yes you can!
Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:26 am

I have a Starwood AMEX card and use it.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:57 pm
yep

Programs: PC Plat RA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
I used a Gold Card from my Plat portfolio last week for a FHR rate. Worked!

yep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.