Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I'm on quite an epic adventure with SkyGuide right now.

My one year membership expired in July. No combination of trying to renew or sign up for a new account would work - no matter if I used Incognito, new e-mail, new CC number, etc.

Every different offer page would either give a cryptic error message or immediately say it signed me up (way too fast to actually have done it).

Eventually, I called in and asked if I could just renew over the phone. The gentleman at customer service said he would first try the same offer code I had used before ($19.95 first year). It didn't work. Then he tried a different $19.95 one-year code he had in his database that he said he knew was still valid. For that one, he said it looked like it was submitted correctly, but would take 72 hours to process.

We're now a week later. A total of TWELVE authorizations hit my credit card and NONE of them turned into a charge. My account is still expired.

I'm going to call and ask them to completely delete the old account and start over. However, what may be useful to the rest of you... there IS apparently still a $19.95 first-year code that is available to the reps at customer service (1-800-365-4357).
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:14 pm

Thanks for the update. My subscription for 19.95 comes to an end this month. Hoping I can find another offer for the same amount for the next year
Old Nov 3, 2013, 11:12 am

I called and asked what promos they had. They offered me $19.95 for the first year with an automatic renewal of $39.95 there after. Hopefully everything goes through correctly!

Thanks for the heads up on calling!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I called and asked what promos they had. They offered me $19.95 for the first year with an automatic renewal of $39.95 there after. Hopefully everything goes through correctly!

Thanks for the heads up on calling!
I called back today to check if our accounts were active and my wife's account is good but mine didn't go through. They put it through again and told me to wait 72 hours. I will update again on Monday.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Since DL will credit the purchase price of a Day Pass towards the purchase of SkyClub membership within 60 days, could SkyGuide reimbursement be used to essentially obtain a $150 discount on full SkyClub membership ($50 discount for daypass purchase end of December, anytime in January, and beginning of February for example)?

Last edited by IsleOfMan; Nov 25, 2013 at 10:36 am
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
As I read it, Delta will credit the price of one day pass:

The cost of a One-Day Pass may be credited within 60 days of purchase and a 30-Day Membership may be credited within 60 days of expiration to the cost of an annual or three-year membership; however, the annual or three-year membership must be purchased in-person at a Club location to receive the credit. This offer is not available for purchase online. This offer is not retroactive and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, discount or frequent flyer program Award.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, DL
Been trying to call and sign up, all the CSR's say that they can't process the promotional offer without a promo code, which they say begins with "CY". Does anybody have a promo code, or a live link to sign up?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:23 pm

How strict is the health club reimbursement? It mentions health club/gym reimbursement "while traveling". Is there a geographic restriction hidden in the terms and conditions on the forms that only members can see?

I was thinking about joining and supplementing my gym membership with occasional classes from other places.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:44 pm

Today I called the number provided upthread to ask for the $19.99 for the first year deal, rather than 2 months free + $199 as is available on the website.

The agent found a code 'from September' but wasn't sure if it would work. Asked to confirm with supervisor, which she did and the transaction went through so I think it's all good.

For reference, the code she applied was CYACCB.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I called back today to check if our accounts were active and my wife's account is good but mine didn't go through. They put it through again and told me to wait 72 hours. I will update again on Monday.
Sorry for not getting back sooner. I had to sign up 5 times. The first four times didn't take. The last time I called I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was able to make me a member on the spot.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:40 pm
Formerly known as pmclean

Originally Posted by nfg05
Today I called the number provided upthread to ask for the $19.99 for the first year deal, rather than 2 months free + $199 as is available on the website.

The agent found a code 'from September' but wasn't sure if it would work. Asked to confirm with supervisor, which she did and the transaction went through so I think it's all good.

For reference, the code she applied was CYACCB.
I applied online four times with the free restaurants.com certs offer and nothing took. I called once with no code and was offered the $199 membership. Called back with this code and signed up immediately for $19.99. Thanks for the code!
Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:42 pm

Code is still working

Originally Posted by pmclean
I applied online four times with the free restaurants.com certs offer and nothing took. I called once with no code and was offered the $199 membership. Called back with this code and signed up immediately for $19.99. Thanks for the code!
Called today and joined with that code. Thanks

Irene
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is this a good workaround for those that have the limited Priority Pass (all clubs except United)? Since it means that you can buy one entry per month to UA clubs and get it refunded?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 9:46 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this a good workaround for those that have the limited Priority Pass (all clubs except United)? Since it means that you can buy one entry per month to UA clubs and get it refunded?
That's one excellent use for it, yes!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I've also had good luck with expired UA day passes bought on eBay... $3-$5 and they've always been accepted. I save my SkyGuide reimbursements for times when I have no other means of access, but I also don't have PP like others have mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.