Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Old May 30, 2012, 8:57 am
nsr

Question

Seems like on-line purchase is reimbursed as well. Do I have to send the receipt after actually using the pass or will they reimburse the cost even if you still haven't used the pass? the t&c implies you have to purchase and use it.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:08 am

There's a form on-line that you have to fill out as a cover sheet to your submission. It asks for the Date of Visit, as well as the Airport Lounge Name and Airport. Don't know to what extent they verify that info .... Also asks for "Form of Payment" -- anyone know how much detail they want here (e.g. do they want the credit card name and complete number?)

I'm a newb to this also. I bought two AA Admirals Club passes online yesterday. Each of the passes has my name and FF # on it. The receipt also has my name and FF number on it. I did not try to buy a pass for someone else to use, so am not sure what info the Receipt would have if I did (e.g. would it still have my name and number, or the name and number of the other party?). I assume that Skyguide only wants the cover sheet and the receipt (not the passes) - is that correct?

Originally Posted by nsr
Seems like on-line purchase is reimbursed as well. Do I have to send the receipt after actually using the pass or will they reimburse the cost even if you still haven't used the pass? the t&c implies you have to purchase and use it.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:15 pm

successfully reimbursed

My $100 check arrived yesterday for two lounge passes. I sent them both in one envelope, certified mail (not the passes themselves - the coversheet and receipt) all filled out, annotated, etc, to facilitate their review. So I can confirm that they don't confirm whether/when/where you've actually used the lounge passes, nor could they see whether these AA lounge passes were in my name or someone else's (although they actually were both in my name). So 3 week turnaround, YMMV. They also sent me two $100 dining doughs, for whatever they're worth (in another envelope).
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:26 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by GoGreen
My $100 check arrived yesterday for two lounge passes. I sent them both in one envelope, certified mail (not the passes themselves - the coversheet and receipt) all filled out, annotated, etc, to facilitate their review. So I can confirm that they don't confirm whether/when/where you've actually used the lounge passes, nor could they see whether these AA lounge passes were in my name or someone else's (although they actually were both in my name). So 3 week turnaround, YMMV. They also sent me two $100 dining doughs, for whatever they're worth (in another envelope).
That's a hefty claim. How do you know they didn't look up your receipt # on an online database (like what the Admiral's Club uses when you arrive) to match it with your name? This would be an interesting find but I think some brave soul has to send in a pass under someone else's name to truly know if this is so. So far we got no insider info on this :/
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:31 am

Hmmm, good point .... Cardinal Fang is out there.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Hey folks,

So I joined Skyguide long ago 3-4 years ago. I can confirm that it is a good program. Reimburses everytime with a little effort.

The terms were, 3 yrs ago, the same as they are today:
"I will be charged a one-time club processing fee of $2.99. If I enjoy my first 2 months and want to continue receiving the valuable benefits, I will do nothing and $29.95 will be billed to my American Express Card for one year of membership, unless I call to cancel. If satisfied, I will receive continuous annual renewal of my club membership at the then current rate (currently $59.95)"

Again that means:
- 2 months at 2.99
- 1 year at 29.95
- then continuous renewal at 59.95 (the current rate)

Well apparently AMEX Publishing seems to think that this actually means:
- 2 months at 2.99
- 1 year at 29.95
- 2nd year at 59.95
- then continuous renewal at "the current rate" (which the consumer has no access to this information and is different for different people.) "Current" means $59.95 for some subscribers and for me "current" means $100.00.

I don't know about you but I smell a rat. I read the T&C's very carefully and I didn't sign up for "current" to be an arbitrary number. If "current" is $100 for everyone then yes that would be ok but I received a duplicate offer just a few months ago saying that "current" was still 59.95. What's going on?
- yes, I know all I have to do is cancel but that's not the point
- yes, I know I could just sign up with a new membership(I guess kind of like churning), but that's not the point.

I want to stay and be loyal but loyalty is being punished.

I think a reputable company shouldn't be so shady about their offers. So anyone who actually likes Skyguide and has stuck with them please be aware of this. I have written to them again and will await their response and let you guys know.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mrkymark
I think a reputable company shouldn't be so shady about their offers. So anyone who actually likes Skyguide and has stuck with them please be aware of this. I have written to them again and will await their response and let you guys know.
I agree. Although I always figured the renewal rate would be more in line with the price they list on their website. Currently $199:
http://www.skyguideclub.com/?Obj=JoinNow
After all, I'm not sure what the business model is that let's them reimburse so much for so little up front.

Reimburses everytime with a little effort.
That is great to hear. Do you mind sharing what your "little effort" is? It would probably be helpful to have some best practices around to make sure everyone has the same experience you do.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
True I don't know what there business model is or how they can afford to reimburse so much. But I do know that you have to stay true to what your T&C's say or apply the same rule to everyone. This whole thing just feels a little swarmy now.

So the reimbursements are easy. What do I mean?
- 12 lounge visits/calendar year reimbursed). (use to be 1 visit/month but they changed it a year ago I think)
- when you've purchased the pass (either at the airport or online) all you do is mail it in with the reimbursement form.
- you can mail as many at a time in one envelope (I presume) I have only done 3 at a time and had no problems. About 30-45 days later you get your reimbursement check.
- it says you have to pay with an AMEX but many have reported that you dont have to.
- it also says mail certified. Reports on here say you dont have to but the one time I didn't mail it certified it "got lost." They still took care of it after resubmission but ever since I have always mailed it Certified.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 1:42 pm

Does anyone know from which airlines you can buy the passes online? So far I found that you can on American, and cannot on United.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:24 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by mrkymark
- it says you have to pay with an AMEX but many have reported that you dont have to.
Does it actually say somewhere that you have to pay with AMEX? I'm not a member yet, so the actual membership may state something, but the T&C on the website do not specify a payment type required:

Terms and ConditionsMembers may receive reimbursement for daily guest passes up to 12 times per calendar year. The club member must be traveling. The guest pass must be used by SkyGuide member prior to reimbursement. Name on the ticket must match the name on the SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club membership. Guest Pass is not transferrable to family members or friends. Monthly or yearly airport club memberships are not eligible for reimbursement.
Edit:

I see it is outlined in the membership kit: Pay for your pass with your American Express card.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Any offers of $29 or $59 for the first year after the initial two month period are better than the email I received today. I've been an Amex cardholder for many years and my first email promotion today for this scheme marked me for a "special introductory offer" of $89 after the initial two-month period, followed by renewals at a then-current "special" rate. The promotion also included two $100 restaurant certificates and reimbursement of 12 club passes annually as mentioned upthread.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:47 am

amex spg offer: free lounge visit 12 times a year, up to $50 each and $600/year

got this in email:

_____, good news! You are among a select group of American Express Cardmembers specifically chosen to receive this offer
Form Meets Function: Get A FREE Laptop Bag
Smart-looking and durable the Executive Laptop Bag is designed for people on the move. It holds up to a 17" laptop with roomy pockets for your phone, files and more.
Receive 2 Complimentary
Months Of Membership
The Executive Laptop Bag is a "thank you" for trying 2 free months of SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club. A $2.99 club processing fee applies; click here
for offer details.
Gain Access To Airport Clubrooms Worldwide
Unwind, refresh and decompress. As a club member, visit any airport lounge and we'll reimburse you up to $50 on your one-day pass 12 times per year!
Sample All The Benefits
And Save
Put the club's executive concierge service to work for you. Save on essentials for travel, business, even luxuries. And more: try all the club benefits for 2 full months.
You are under no obligation to continue your club membership and the Executive Laptop Bag is yours to keep

anyone knows anything about this? don't care about the bag naturally, but the free lounge visit * 12 sounds like a real benefit.

here's the web link:

https://secure.customersvc.com/servl...order_0803.jsp
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Does this work with UA United Club?

The day passes that I've seen have no names on them, so does this program work for getting reimbursed for UC visits?

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:23 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Do you have to pay the the gyms with AMEX too? It does not see to say so.

Originally Posted by kikier
Have anyone tried to use gym while abroad? I saw the form here,
http://www.skyguideclub.com/admin/me...imb_form.3.pdf
and mentioned Purchase a guest pass at any health club in the U.S. while you are traveling Does it mean I can only use gym in the US ? Thanks

does anyone know the answer to this?
thanks!

Last edited by mia; Jul 14, 2012 at 11:52 am
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:28 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It appears the form has been updated. I see no reference to "in the US" nor any other geographical restriction.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.