Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2010, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Interesting, I just received this offer as well for my HH Amex card. Now it sounds like the lounge access is a bit of a hassle, but you evventually get your money back. Well worth it IMO for some domestic travel where I don't always have lounge access. Maybe I'll give it a shot, $30 is worth the risk.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:07 pm

They do reimburse...

Following the comments from others in this thread, I've been a member of the Skyguide club for about a year now, and I can confirm that they DO reimburse airport lounge visits. I have used certified mail to submit receipts.

Filling out the paperwork is a bit of a pain, and their customer service line can't tell me what the renewal rate is right now (!), but at least they have a live customer service line, and I've always received a prompt and polite response from the phone reps.

If you're thinking about joining, just weigh the time you'll spend submitting receipts with the payoff of the reimbursements. I've found the Skyguide program to be a nice way to get into lounges while traveling alone, but the Amex Platinum or another kind of lounge pass works better if you normally travel with a companion. And, if you travel more than once a month or you don't like filling out paperwork and waiting for rebates, then you may want to look elsewhere.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:17 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
During my first year @2.99 + 29.99, I was able to use 3 airport lounges/month; after submitting the paperwork, I got reimbursed promptly. After I renewed ($59.95/year), the system changed to 1 lounge/per month, so I cancelled and got a full refund even though I used a few lounges.^
[A round trip, would require count for two accesses, if you used lounges at each end.]
The program also includes health clubs (if you use one), once a month.
If you can live with the new parameters, it is a super deal.
PS: For my first years fee of $33, I got reimbursed for > $500^.

[I sent all documents (after making copies) via regular mail, and had NO problems, except my first mailing to them I addressed it to the attention of Justin Horn, it should have been Justin Hom (on my computer screen rn looked lime m)--so they refused delivery and had the letter returned, I then just cut and pasted the address from the website.]
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nrr
During my first year @2.99 + 29.99, I was able to use 3 airport lounges/month; after submitting the paperwork, I got reimbursed promptly. After I renewed ($59.95/year), the system changed to 1 lounge/per month, so I cancelled and got a full refund even though I used a few lounges.^
[A round trip, would require count for two accesses, if you used lounges at each end.]
The program also includes health clubs (if you use one), once a month.
If you can live with the new parameters, it is a super deal.
PS: For my first years fee of $33, I got reimbursed for > $500^.

[I sent all documents (after making copies) via regular mail, and had NO problems, except my first mailing to them I addressed it to the attention of Justin Horn, it should have been Justin Hom (on my computer screen rn looked lime m)--so they refused delivery and had the letter returned, I then just cut and pasted the address from the website.]
Is it 1/month or 12/year? 1/month would be less of a deal. Is it calendar month? Or only 1 within 30 days. I am still thinking about this ... tempting for some trips later this year.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:42 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
Is it 1/month or 12/year? 1/month would be less of a deal. Is it calendar month? Or only 1 within 30 days. I am still thinking about this ... tempting for some trips later this year.
It was originally 3/month and from my reading of the new rules 1/month.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MtStream
I received an offer in the mail today. I have a Citi AA AMX and an SPG AMX - neither have had significant activity after reaching the bonus mileage req.

My actual offer says nothing about reimbursed access to lounges, only:

* 2 Free Airline Companion Tickets
* 2 Months Free Membership in Skyguide Executive Privilege Club ($2.99 processing fee then $29 first year and renewing annually at the then current rate ($59.95))
* Concierge Service
* Travel services including negotiated deals with Avis, Hertz, Commonwealth Worldwide and the Luggage Club
* Members-only savings on superior business luggage, golf equipment, gym and ariport lounge access and more

The website (http://www.skyguideclub.com/shopping/partner.aspx?id=48) however does state a daily membership reimbursement but does not say anything about a limit (1/mo or 3/mo). However the website rate (after the two free months) is a "special rate of $199.00". LOL

Seems the information about this program (both mailing and website) is pretty poor.

As I sat here an evaluate joining I realized my concern is that I don't want to discover the tickets are unusable and feel like a sucker (even if it is only $29). :P
i got a similar offer from amex over the phone the other day....they offered me 2 free companion tickets for a fee of $1 for the first 2 months....after that i would be charged the regular fee if i wanted to continue & if i wanted to cancel then i would not be charged anything further & get to keep the 2 free companion tickets....
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just signed up for the 60 day offer for $1....does anyone have more info on the 2 free companion tickets????i'm pretty sure i won't be able to buy my first ticket at the cheapest available fare but if i don't mind if i end up saving a few bucks....
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by saad
....does anyone have more info on the 2 free companion tickets????.
Yes:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Aug 9, 2010, 8:38 am

What percentage of US-based airline clubs actually have showers? 10%?

It seems to me like it gets regularly hinted that this is a standard service at these opulent palaces, but very few seem to actually have them.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat; Delta Silver; US Air: Silver
Use it all the time

I use the SkyGuide Exec Club all the time. I pay $29.95/year but take advantage of both the Airport Club reimbursement (AA & United only since I have an Amex Plat) and more importantly gym reimbursement. In places like Vegas, it is always $25 - $35 per use and Skyguide will reimburse you up to 2 $25 uses per month. It is a great program, but only if you get it for the ~$30 per year.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:53 am

I tried the executive priv club. They do have an AMEX card member rate of $90 a year or similar. I joined for the club/gym, reimbursement... tried it two or three times and never received any reimbursement.

I was never reimbursed for my gym/club visits...after mailing in multiple receipts. I would recommend taking the certified mail approach if you choose to try this thing.

That was the end of that.

I needn't mention the companion ticket...

Buyer beware all the way around on this. AMEX should disassociate themselves with this program.

Last edited by mia; Aug 10, 2010 at 1:54 pm Reason: Combined two posts after merging threads
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:34 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Skyguide has been great so far

1 lounge reimursements a month and 1 gym pass a month...supplements my 24hr fitness membership when I need to go to ultra sport.

just had a minor hiccup when i sent in 2 lounge accesses from the tail end of may and beginning of june.

sent them 3 separate reimbursements in one envelope and they just reimbursed the 20 for the gym. they are trying to fix the 2 lounge reimbursements for $100 total.

So use certified mail FOR SURE, and they will reimburse.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:21 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
the Fall 2010 issue of Extra, the thin quarterly publication send to Skyguide Executive Privilege Club subscribers, has a piece on page three about the lounge reimbursement program. The language is different than I remember:

Members may receive reimbursement for daily guest passes up to 12 times per calendar year. This is more flexible than the previous one visit per month terminology.

However, they twice use the terminology airline-run airport lounge which would seem to rule out independent lounges, such as those operated by Servisair. Any recent experience submitting claims for visits to lounges not affiliated with an airline?

Last edited by mia; Nov 15, 2010 at 6:05 am
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Does anyone know whether one-day passes purchased online (prior to travel) are valid for reimbursement?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I used certified mail the first time or two, but became too lazy to go to the post office, so I started sending via regular mail. I have received at least 8 reimbursements for non-certified mail with no issues. It does take several weeks minimum before I receive the check though.

Not saying certified mail is not a good idea... but just sharing my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.