Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NorthernAZtraveler
starting 1/1/10:

Will only reimburse once per month for health club and once per month for airline lounge pass.
Originally Posted by nrr
NO change--they did say that health club access is being reduced to 1 time/month and the reimbursement fee is now $25.
Received mailing today which matches NorthernAZtraveler's report from October. Both the letter and the included reimbursement form state receive reimbursement for your purchase of individual guest passes up to $50 one time per month. This is not highlighted as a change, it's just mentioned in the description of the benefit.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Makes the annual fee still worth it...but still...three to once a month is a pretty big change

That being said, I've managed to use it 3 times a month since I last signed up, so its been "worth" it already. I guess it wouldn't hurt to keep it handy.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I saw this insert in the SkyGuide timetable where it says three times per month still...is it different for each person based on where they heard about the offer? Why would AMEX offer to pay $50 per entry when theyre only making so little with the enrollment? Something seems fishy here!! I am definitely thinking of signing up as it says I only pay $2.99 for two free months and then 29.95 for the whole year. Are there only certain airlines that participate in this program or is it any lounge that offers a day pass for less than $50?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:33 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I saw this insert in the SkyGuide timetable where it says three times per month still...is it different for each person based on where they heard about the offer? Why would AMEX offer to pay $50 per entry when theyre only making so little with the enrollment? Something seems fishy here!! I am definitely thinking of signing up as it says I only pay $2.99 for two free months and then 29.95 for the whole year. Are there only certain airlines that participate in this program or is it any lounge that offers a day pass for less than $50?
Is there a promo code or a special AmEx card that is needed to take advantage of this offer? I considered signing up, but the only price I could find on the web site was $199/year.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:14 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Received mailing today which matches NorthernAZtraveler's report from October. Both the letter and the included reimbursement form state receive reimbursement for your purchase of individual guest passes up to $50 one time per month. This is not highlighted as a change, it's just mentioned in the description of the benefit.
I also received this mailing, reducing the benefit of airline lounge access from 3 to 1/per month. I had given up my amex plat card when I received this "club" promo (over a year ago) and renewed based on it continuing with 3/per month. I'll find out if there is a prorated refund if I cancel. [I'll go back to an AA Admirals Club membership.]
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:47 am
mia

I suppose there is a slight possibility Skyguide means a member can submit only one claim per month for up to three visits. However, common sense tells me this offer is a loss leader which they are scaling back as they achieve their membership target.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by nrr
I also received this mailing, reducing the benefit of airline lounge access from 3 to 1/per month. I had given up my amex plat card when I received this "club" promo (over a year ago) and renewed based on it continuing with 3/per month. I'll find out if there is a prorated refund if I cancel. [I'll go back to an AA Admirals Club membership.]
If you had a platinum card which you previously "gave up" - why not just ask for it back?

I can never fathom why someone would want to take out an AA Admirals Club membership to use their lounges, if with an Amex Plat you can use all Admirals Club, plus DL/NW, plus CO. You get 3 club "memberships" for $450 a year (less, if you factor it as an incremental cost from your existing Gold/Green card, plus the MR membership - which is all included in the $450).

I finally succeeded to convince a friend to stop paying his Admiral's Club fees each year and simply upgrade his Gold to Plat. Not only does he now save a few bucks a year, but he can also use DL and CO lounges too, and also has all the FHR benefits.

For anyone who pays $400+/- annually to have either a Presidents Club Card, or a SkyClub Card, or an Admirals Club Card - you can get all three with an Amex plat (plus free MR fees, plus all the other plat benefits).
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by Sagy
Is there a promo code or a special AmEx card that is needed to take advantage of this offer? I considered signing up, but the only price I could find on the web site was $199/year.
Just mention AMEX, then pay with AMEX. Should at least get the 90/year I did.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:23 am
mia

Originally Posted by S.Bling
...never fathom why someone would want to take out an AA Admirals Club membership to use their lounges,
1. Platinum cardolders are only admitted to the Admirals Club when flying AA (including codeshares). At some airports it is convenient to use the Admirals Club even when flying other carriers.

2. Platinum cardholders do not receive complimentary wifi access at Admirals Clubs.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:19 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Just mention AMEX, then pay with AMEX. Should at least get the 90/year I did.
Thanks, I'll give it a try
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Don't know about everyone else but I've been getting 3 reimbursements/month consistently.

Could it be that there are different rules for different members?

I joined when it was offering 29.95/ year. In fact when I log in I still get the following T&C's and I've never received a mailing indicating otherwise:

*Members may receive reimbursement for up to three airport club guest passes per month during the offer period. To be deemed an eligible airport club service, you must: (1) purchase a guest pass during the offer period, (2) completely fill out the airport club reimbursement form with your name, address and membership number, and (3) mail the original receipt within thirty (30) days of purchase of the airport club guest pass to: SkyGuide Executive Privilege Club, Airport Club Reimbursement, c/o Justin Hom, 1120 Avenue of the Americas, 19th Fl, NY, NY 10036. Reimbursement check will be mailed approximately 4-6 weeks after the date we receive the applicable airport club receipt(s) and reimbursement form.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:37 am
mia

Originally Posted by mrkymark
...I've been getting 3 reimbursements/month consistently.
The change is reported to become effective 1.1.2010. They may be mailing the forms in batches.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I just recently received the offer from AMEX (last week) and it stated 3 visits/month, so it seems like a bait and switch if they immediately change it to 1. We will see though... The deal was 2 month trial, $30 for the first year, then $60/yr after.

Regardless, how often are all of you sending in receipts? Are you doing each one individually or batching up a months at a time?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I am going to send in my membership qualifications on Monday, but bought a day pass today at an airline lounge. Slim chance, but do you think that I can submit that for reimbursement or will my membership be immediately timestamped once they receive my application?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:49 am
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
How do I find out what the T&Cs of airline club reimbursement are? I just got an offer for that 29.99 first year /59.99 thereafter and would think about signing up if three club visits a month got reimbursed. If it's only one, I'm not sure it's worth it. All the info I can find on the sign-up link has to do with the companion ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.